Lazy March days

March is a funny month to me. It often holds the chill of mid January with little hints of the warmth and muddy grass of late April. The snow melts. Mittens get tucked away. Then January blows in again with a hand full of that snowy glitter once more.

I feel spring coming. Even with piles of snow stretching across the field.


I've been crafting and baking with the kids as we wait anxiously for spring to arrive.






Ashton loves the breaking eggs part.

(Needless to say, our cookies have been a bit more crunchy these days.)

Josie simply enjoys eating all of the ingredients.



What is a good warm cookie without a delicious cup of hot chocolate? I love my cocoa machine. Heck, I even love the swiss miss packets you can use in the microwave. but nothing comes close to the old school way of making hot chocolate.

In case you're inspired...

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Cocoa
Dash salt
1/3 cup hot water
4 cups (1 qt.) milk
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract



Stir together sugar, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan; stir in water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Add milk; stirring constantly, heat to serving temperature. Do Not Boil.



Remove from heat; add vanilla. Beat with rotary beater or whisk until foamy. Serve topped with marshmallows or whipped cream, if desired. Five 8-oz. servings.



Drink in the yummy goodness.



We are enjoying our cousins lately. Like, it's pretty great having them here.


Uncle Josh will wrestle the kids. He's a bully.



My favorite= sitting at the kitchen table with my sister in law and hearing the kids roar with laughter from another room. I'm really going to miss that come summer.



*************************
Ashton has been on a tool kick lately. Sleeping with them. Bathing with them. Using his wrench as a spoon for his cereal. He makes my heart so happy.

*************************

I have to say. Winter is my favorite season to photograph the kids.





Ashton has been busy plowing the driveway for daddy.




Josie thinks the snow is still funny. I like her style.


Feeling blessed to have eyes that see.






A couple final March-y things to pass the time...

Play dough.




and painting *very spring like* things like a bird feeder and a bird house.






(and apparently painting ones own face)

She cleans up real nice though.



So does this one.


Yeah, we're finding 1,000 ways to keep ourselves amused these days.



And we're doing just fine.


xoxo, Jessie

Comments

Tammy said…
I'm going to miss you too!
Amy said…
I love you pictures! Josie is so cute, I enjoyed her today. :D

Popular Posts