The one about the Mexican Restaurant


Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Right now, I hear icy rain bouncing off the roof. We had to cancel dinner plans with friends tonight because of the messy roads. The kids are watching Paw Patrol and I'm waiting to start up dinner.



I feel so grateful each time the furnace clicks on or I feel the warmth of hot water on my hands as I wash the dishes. It's been quite cold indeed.



Eli and his winter mittens garland. I drew patterns inside mittens with a white crayon and Eli used watercolor paint to color over the crayon.




Liam and his penguin art. He has been learning all about arctic animals.


Last Thursday night, we had our first facial injury of the year. The kids were playing in the hallway when we heard a loud BANG and then the ever-so-eerie "stall before the scream cry." Turns out, Josie was crawling around on all fours with her forehead to the carpet when Ashton decided to leap frog over her and accidentally landed on the back of her head.

I was scared to look.

Thank God, it just ended up being bruised and not broken... with a side of rug burn. Beautiful Lynnie.


On Friday night, my best friend Amy took me out for a belated birthday dinner at a local Mexican restaurant.

We sat in the window seat eating our Taco bowls as we watched the town, quiet in all the cold. I talked so much, my bowl began to slowly self destruct and break while the inside turned into soup.
.

Afterward, we went out window-shopping and made promises to reserve one day each month this year to going out to all the local restaurants we've never visited before and talked about our hopes for finding new places to hike.

Amy also surprised me with the most wonderful birthday gift. ...MY OWN QUILT! I could not contain my joy. It was so incredibly thoughtful and I will cherish it for the rest of my life.

(Pictures from Amy- she is just finishing it up!) Do you notice the Christmas trees, the colors, the cats and the owls?!


Her sweet little dog-dog, Chance.




"I can't promise to solve all your problems but I'll promise you won't have to face them alone" Friends are such a gift. Especially best friends.


We had a weekend of grandparents!




and some more January things.










A winter favorite. Bringing the snow IN.






Yesterday, the kids had a field trip to a local candy store. We really enjoyed it and the kids asked a lot of good questions! While the kids were watching a video on candy making, the owner chatted with the moms and told us how he works 12 hours a day, 7 days a week and that he hasn't had a vacation since 1973! THAT is dedication.


Some of the group. We had to split up as it was quite small down there!






As you can probably tell, this co-op truly has my heart! I often find myself talking about it a little too much with a raised, over excited voice. Texting and gathering ideas for the end of the year performance or picking out ideas for upcoming classes. I love it so much. It really means a lot to me.



With that, I'm off to make dinner!

Stay warm. I love you.

-Jess



Comments

William Brasky said…
I can't wait to hear about the random restaurants you guys go to. You are such an amazing mother!
Sounds like some great times, love the pictures and that quilt is beautiful! Keep in touch. Love ya J
Jessie said…
You are an amazing dad! I love you!!!
Jessie said…
Carrie!! Be sure to send me some pictures of your new place when you move! I can't wait to see! So excited for you all.
Amy said…
I LOVE IT! So thankful for you! <3 I am glad Josie's nose is ok. I love eli's mitten banner <3 Can't wait for our FEB adventure.... seriously thinking about the zumba thing too! hehehe
Jessie said…
I am so thankful for you!! It would be so funny to go to zumba! I love you! Can't wait for next month.
Karen said…
I love the mitten garland! And I'm so glad Josie is ok. And that quilt is glorious! I hope you are able to keep up with Keilee's Bringing Smart Back. She is doing a children's book club with crafts and activities I think the kids would love. You can access it online at www.instagram.com/bringingsmartback. Stay warm!
Jessie said…
Hi Karen! I'll have to check it out! It's definitely something I know the kids will love. So good to hear from you!

Popular Posts