Anxiety and a skeleton mask



Hi everyone!



Today I'm having an overly anxious day. No reason. Just one of those days. Everything feels like so much and the smallest tasks seem especially loud and pushy inside my head. Sometimes, anxiety just gets the best of me for no reason at all and I can feel my heart physically aching. Some days, I certainly have to put myself in time out.

I suppose it began with having to reschedule eye appointments while having Eli and Liam crying for another snack as I spoke on the phone. I scribbled as I wrote on the calendar with the left hand I had available as Eli was on my right arm. I looked over at the living room as it was slowly turning into a swimming pool of pillows and blankets. Woodchips that needed to be vacuumed. A sink full of dishes and hopes that I could get to the store to pick up some more dish soap. Hair a mess. Pajamas still on.

...Why is it moments like this that I remember things like how I forgot to take the ground beef out of the freezer or how I haven't switched the laundry out?

Our minds can be a silly thing. 

After a morning of trying to find calm, I attempted to settle myself down with another coffee (not a good move) and some blueberries as I began making lunch for the kids. (He swiped daddy's leftover pizza. ...and Ashton's Halloween mask).


Moving on.

The weather this past week has been rainy and seasonably "warm" for this time of year. Temperatures have been slowly creeping up and continue to.


Melting snow. It felt like spring.












I was actually able to leave the back door open while the kids played and snacked outside. It's funny how such a common thing as air blowing through an opened back door can leave you feeling so hopeful. and happy.


Even with the piles of laundry resting on the other side whispering, "this is going to take up a good chunk of your afternoon, my friend." All is made better with earth and sun.


Josh gave Ashton and Josie some headphones. They listen to music all. day. Before the headphones, we would have 3 different songs going on all at once. At any moment it would sound something like, "God is on the move! On the move! Hallelujiah! I really think I can do it! 'Cuz they're all depending on me! Let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters and teach them how to dance."


More school.









and baking. I love making granola bars for the kids.


Since we are on the topic of sweets... just putting this picture here. In case you want to die happy. We pick this cereal up at the local Dollar General from time to time when we want to live a little.


Cute friends.




Silly friends.


Josie is back to ballet after the long Christmas break! They looked so cute walking out together.


Dance and karaoke in Josie's room. They do this practically every day.












And some more January randomness.
















I love him.


Hit the jackpot of Franklin books at the thrift store this past weekend!


And I suppose that is it for today! With a calmed heart and hungry belly, I leave you for now. I hope you are well and know you are so loved. Keep looking up!

-Jess








Comments

Amy said…
I'm sorry, you are having one of those days...I know them all too well. Praying for more calm tomorrow. xoxox Love you! See you soon I hope <3
Anonymous said…
Love it Jess!
Tammy said…
Love it Jess!
Jessie said…
Love you!! Yes! Dinner date soon!!!!
Abi said…
I seriously miss you SO MUCH!! Smores cereal sounds amazing!! :)
Jessie said…
I miss you too!! Maybe we will ship a couple of bags off to Hawaii! I love you!
William Brasky said…
Awesome post once again! I love you!
Anxiety isn't fun mine takes over more than I like. Nature calms me down and hugs!!! I miss you and loved seeing all of your pictures. ❤️
Jessie said…
Carrie! I miss you too! I hope all is going well with the move. <3

Popular Posts