No place like home for the holidays

        Happy Monday on this bitterly cold day in January! Just playing catch up on all of our end of November/December pictures today!


Local Native American tribes and Native American pictograph stories! We also learned sign language of the Plains!






First snow!



Study on Ellis Island and immigration during a NY week



"3-sisters" themed dinner! The corn, beans and squash! With fish :)

The snow!





New York City and it's landmarks, Broadway, the history of the Macy's day parade and more!

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving!

Fun theater games during our Broadway unit




Pizza for Queens!

Thanksgiving things!













The day after Thanksgiving = Christmas tree day!



The ornament we picked out for our tree this year!












Deck the halls!


Return of the Elves - This time, with Sparky, our first boy elf!

The kids helped Grandma and Grandpa decorate their tree!

Cozy puppy on a jumbo tiger

Elves in an igloo!

Fingerprints!

When big brother's job is to spin the spinner for Twister

This was the best advent calendar! The kids received a Christmas magnet each day

Countdown Advent activities

Gingerbread cookies!




It's funny but I actually miss these little Elves!



Josie just loves these things!

Gingerbread unit study! We read books by Jan Brett and Hansel and Gretel. We also learned about the Great Famine in Europe which was the inspiration behind Hansel and Gretel. 





Eli won the bike raffle at the Chittenango Tree lighting!


Christmas parade!










St. Nicholas day!


Elf antics

Salt dough ornaments!





Elf antics



Frozen macaroni and cheese dinner night & Home Alone! A tradition we started last year

When you gets into the Macaroni and Cheese

It's a Wonderful Life tea time! All about Angels

Sleigh bells!


Gingerbread house decorating with cousins!







12 days until Christmas!

The growing magnet collection

A night walk thru town to check out the lights





Getting outside while its nice!


Our pretty old girl!

Family Christmas movie nights

Wrapping their gifts!

Christmas Math is always fun!

The Nutcracker tea time!






Christmas bowling party!

Lights on the lake!


A Dickens Christmas tea time!

I put ribbon candy in their bags





Woodburning!




Playing popular Victorian Christmas games!

Last day of school class party!











The kids played "elf on the shelf" and had five minutes to run and hide and find a fun way to pretend they were the Elf on the Shelf

Sibling gift exchange

It was also Winter Solstice! This is a great book for the first day of winter


Hanging the bird feeders they made

Josie had her Christmas show at gymnastics





I love that they are all friends :)

Cookies!





One of the last days with our elves

Christmas Eve!












































Our tree fell over Christmas night!



The next day, I celebrated my 35th Birthday!




A Mad Hatter New Year's Eve Party!























At Delphi falls!






Back to school and on to a new year! Sour dough pancakes!

Apple Fritter pancakes!

Off to the movies to see Sing 2! We loved it!

Bears in ugly sweaters!





For the New Year, I finally made up a teacherspayteachers store! I called it TeaTimeAfternoon
I plan on making all kinds of units this year!

Eli came up with the first tea time unit of the year - Jungles! I also tied in Global warming



I love the Great Kapok Tree


Matthew's Birthday!


It is late and I need to get to bed! See you all soon! xoxo, Jess































































































































































































































































































































































Comments

William Brasky said…
Best holiday season ever! I LOVE YOU!!!
Amy said…
Such wonderful pictures and memories <3 Those pancakes near the end look so yummy! I love seeing all your teaparties too!
Billie Jo said…
Hello! I am so glad you left a comment on my blog because it led me back here! I so enjoyed sharing your Christmas season with you and your beautiful family. I love your homeschooling activities! It made me miss my years of homeschooling four young ones. I am blessed to have one remaining student, my Flynn, and she is in 6th grade. I am adding you to my reading list, and can't wait to visit again soon. Have a cozy Sunday afternoon!

Popular Posts