Christmas time

After spending way too much time on Instagram, I decided to sign out of my account there and come back to this blog that I have loved so much for so long!



This blog holds so many memories and I want to keep it going. Expect a few catch-up blogs coming within the next couple of days!

With that, I share OUR CHRISTMAS 2016! (pictures from the end of November-December)


Walk-thru at Lights on the Lake






Celebrating Grandpa Marsh's birthday!




And Grandma Kelly's birthday!




Hanging up the Christmas lights


2 months of fun in the snow!
























































Christmas movie marathons!




Our boot collection! Just because it makes me smile.


The poor kids were freezing this year during the picture-taking for the Christmas cards!








Visiting Santa




Found our tree!








Lighting the star




Watching the Grinch


We finally caved and got the kids an Elf on the Shelf. They've wanted one for the past few years or so.


Josie said, "Do you ever close your eyes thinking something isn't real but then you open them and realize it's true?" She's so happy.


Each day, Rosie our elf would be hiding somewhere else in the house. Sometimes, she'd bring a small gift. Other times, she'd put the kids on a mission like making Christmas cards or going on a scavenger hunt to seek out candy canes hidden around the house. They had a lot of fun.


If you look closely, even Molly bunny had a Christmas sock hanging on her cage in Josie's room this Christmas season. (Santa brought her some hay blocks!)






The kids decorated gingerbread cookies with friends


Funny/Creepy picture I took as we drove through Lights on the Lake with Moo and Matt.


Lunch Picnic by the tree


We read a nightly story about the life of Jesus and the kids made a themed ornament to go along with the Bible story we read. It was a lot of fun! Some of the ornaments -










We had a great month of homeschool. I will write a separate post to catch you all up on our school stuff!


Math time for Ashton


We went to a local tree lighting and the entire town had free carnival games and prizes for the kids. A new, fun tradition!


Cozy nights by the tree.




The Advent Calendars didn't last very long this year.


Art in December (More to come on the next blog post)


Boots after some dinner.


We also celebrated St. Nicholas day! Because my holiday-loving heart can't stop.


Some of the Raspberry Almond Shortbread cookies I made for a cookie exchange. You can find the recipe HERE I loved this recipe!


Josie had her Christmas Ballet performance




Church Christmas party!




The kids love this game! They pass a gift around while Christmas music plays and when the music stops, they open it. Then, they find another wrapped boxed underneath and so on and so fourth until they get to the final small box filled with candy canes for everyone!




Gingerbread houses! They take forever to assemble but it's so worth it.








Eating a house the next day while the brother did school


Baking 12 dozen Italian cookies for our homeschool co-op.


Our December Homeschoolers Christmas co-op!
The preschoolers.








The kids learned how to make Chicken Alfredo and Pizza dip.








Josh's computer class. The kids designed cards, played a minecraft coding game and made 90's-themed Christmas websites








We had a potluck lunch!


Some of the kids had a pushup competition while they waited.








The kids had their Secret Santa gift exchange






I have been teaching an "Around the world" class. This month, the kids were in Italy. They all have passports with the different flags to color each month. They learned about Italy's Christmas traditions, we played a traditional Italian party game, they found Italy on the map and we shared a short slideshow of Italy and Christmas in Italy. The kids learned how to say Merry Christmas in Italian, we decorated Italian cookies while listening to Italian Christmas music and they even got a visit from Saint Nicholas. I have really enjoyed teaching this class!












Some kids made the leaning tower of pisa with their cookies. I thought that was clever!


The B group made slime in Science! While the teens did a Science experiment on Hydrogen.




I also teach a Creative writing class for the teens. This month, they did black-out poetry. Basically, you take a page from any book and form a poem from the words on the page. You blackout any of the words you don't need. I also bought them all frames to put their poems in


Finally, the kids made all kinds of ornaments!








Salt dough ornaments and cookie decorating with friends!
















We had our traditional pancakes and pajamas party! I sent this pic to Josh and Amy when the day dragged on in anticipation to see everyone that night.


We had our traditional sock exchange for the party. I can't believe this is the only picture I took! I'm such a slacker. hehe. -(Says the woman with a million photos).


After the party, I set out the kids Christmas eve pajamas, a book and a movie. Rosie wrote a farewell letter to the kids as she left with Santa that night.


Christmas eve! We went to Gramoo and Matt's house, we went to Matt's moms house and we had a pizza dinner with Grandma Kelly, Grandpa and Grandma and Grandpa Marsh. While we were at Grandma Kelly's, Josie was burning up with a fever so we had to skip Christmas eve service this year. (We are all still currently holding on to the sickness!)







Writing letters to Santa


Carrots for the reindeer


We read The Night Before Christmas and sang silent night


Traditional Christmas PJs shot!


Ashton was holding Eli back from escaping. Hehe. I love how Rosie the Elf is also in this picture.


Boots stealing Santa's milk again.


Grinch cupcakes for the kids


Santa came!


Ok, Santa needs to take it easy on the stocking stuffers. it's getting a little ridiculous.


A letter from Santa. Josie had also lost a tooth on Christmas Eve!


Santa brought Liam a choo choo train!


Stocking stuffers! My favorite!




He had asked Santa for Hulk! His favorite.






Uncle Joely is a good helper.


Ashton's most wanted gift - Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2!


Josh got an Xbox for Christmas! We kept calling it "The big ticket"


The kids loved the big ticket.


From Joel. These awesome moose mugs! (This is why I'm not in a lot of pictures).


And Joel also gave me an Instax camera! It's so much fun. I took a picture of everyone that was here on Christmas.


We had breakfast with Gramoo, Joel and Matt


and we had dinner with the rest of the family!


There you have it! I hope you enjoyed browsing through my novel of pictures! I'm so happy to be back here. I love you all. I hope you had a wonderful December.


See you soon with my 2016 top favorite pictures of the year and my homeschool updates,

Jessie


Clearance big inflatable Rudolph score!


Comments

Tammy said…
Love it Jess! Can't wait to see you in 35.5 months 😉.
Karen said…
Wow. I love all the pictures. You make me want to post on my blog more often. ❤
Love all the pictures! Love ya J!!
❤️💛💛💛❤️
Jessie said…
You too!!! Love you!
Jessie said…
Karen, just figuring out how to respond now! Thank you so much for the comments! I love your blog!

Popular Posts