Summer grab bag

Being summer, I have had a hard time focusing on things like my blog.

While the kids are napping, I'll try to type up a few sentences... but usually I'm caught up daydreaming as the sun floods through our stained glass bedroom window. So I just rest in the quiet. and that's ok too.

Water is sprinkling from the big inflatable ball outside every day at some point of the day. and our pool is filled with ice cold hose water at all times. It's hot in our home. really hot. and I feel so grateful we can all pile outside at any point of the day and feel some much needed relief.

ice.



cold.



relief.





Fall is on my mind lately. it's hard to believe, it's just around the corner. (really. it is.) And although my skin still feels a warm summer sun... my heart knows the trees will soon be whispering fall.



it's even harder to believe that in just about 3 months our turtle sandbox that houses warm dirt from our garden could be buried under a fluffy coating of cold snow.



but for now... summer. and swimsuits and bare shoulders and sun.



and sprinklers at Moo and Matt's.







and gardens growing.



children too.


Summer birthdays celebrated outside.



Happy 25th, my love.


The drive in.











Family fun in the backyard.













and celebrating our girls birthday. ...which will always be a great piece of our summer.

it was lovely.




Not my finest work. but oh! the laughs my sister and I had while I tried to form (what looked like a pig at first)... into something that looked more like a cat. especially since it was creeping close to 1 a.m.

Any way. It was a fine day.





















I am so happy our girl has so many people that love her. want to celebrate her.





Life is indeed a wonderful thing to celebrate.



Playing mouse hunt with old easter eggs. :)











The aluminum foil mirrored the sun.




















Thank you to all who came and sent her birthday wishes. It made her day so very special.


****************************************

Finally. (I'll just throw this in here now.) Cotton Clay. Try it! This stuff was good fun.







I'll talk to you all soon. xoxo



Publish Post. ;)

Comments

Anonymous said…
very nice jess

Popular Posts