What the heck does a bee do?

Ashton and Josie have been so good at caring for Liam and loving him.






He's proud of his little brother.





Josie nurses her dolls.



Opening up his baby book I smiled at the empty pages. We have so much to look forward to.



I can almost hear him growing.









Ashton and Josie often sit and stare at our growing plants in the front windows. They like to update me on the progress.



**************************

He has the most thoughtful eyes.



Just a month ago I sat on our back steps dreaming of this.





It was a sweaty 90 degrees the other day so Liam and I caught the warm breeze lying beside the opened back door.











Ashton and Josie spent much of the afternoon turning their sandbox into a little beach.







With Josie coming back up the steps every 5 minutes to check on brother "Yee-um"



During one of her trips back up the steps, big brother was stung by a bee...



As he came up to me in tears, "mama! mama! a bee bit me! a bee bit me" My mind went blank. What do I do about this? I thought. The shock of it all turned my brain to slush. "Mama! Why did God make bees? Why do they bite? What are bees for?" ...I could hardly remember what a bee was as a teary eyed Ashton looked up at me in desperation to hear answers. Why did God make bees? ...I searched my head for answers and answered as best as I could. I slapped a cold washcloth on the sting and tried to remember how to care for bee "bites."

Oh man. I thought. It's amazing when children look to us for all the answers. That can be scary sometimes. I don't always have all the answers. I might not always remember the answers. and I will certainly not always have all the right ones.

But I'll certainly try to do my best at figuring the wrong ones out and remembering the ones I might not have remembered when I was put on the spot.



Before we went to bed... we read about bees.

"Without Bees to pollinate plants, plants wouldn't have lived and spread, and neither would the animals without plants." ...oh yes. I remember now! Why didn't I put it that way?





..."but mama? what is pollinate? why are they black and yellow? why do the like to bite me?"

We'll talk about that tomorrow. I said. Reminding myself to do some research after Liam falls asleep.



How boring life would be without questions. The good and simple kind. I'm not ready for the bigger ones they have in store for me yet. I'm still learning about bees.



See you later?

-Jessie
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts