January

Happy 2020 to all of you! I am happy and excited for a new year!













On the first day of the new year, we went for a long walk at the park :)










We found a leaf with our lucky number on it!






We've had a lot of "nice" days this January!






















Our first of three January library book hauls :)


Mad Scientists at the library


Making a rain gauge for their nature journals




It seems like January always brings a lot of rearranging and decluttering for us.


I noticed the bulletins in my Bible were almost becoming as big as my bible


It's been so much fun doing Science and History together again in the afternoon.






More January randomness




The kids learned about Wilson Bentley and after, we made paper snowflakes :)




I love to take pictures that the kids might like to look back on someday. Even simple ones. Like the times they've "ice skated" and fished and caught frogs in this little ditch.


A new year is bittersweet, isn't it? A fresh new slate of everything.


The kids constructed Abe Lincoln's log cabin with pretzel rods and peanut butter!




I love that they all still pile up on the couch to listen to stories.


Josie and Ashton have been reading one of my childhood favorites.


Ashton still reads his "Last Kids on Earth" books every day.


Liam's winter sensory poem :)


and Eli's:


The hours they've spent on this dirt pile.


Eli is always adding to his rock collection on the window






Ashton LOVES snap circuits.


We also covered a Civil War unit




Bowling birthday party for Matthew!






Liam loves his spaghetti


Amy surprised me with a birthday dinner and the most beautiful homemade quilt!




I feel so lucky and blessed!




Some of my favorite parts of the quilt...








Amy's mom made me this adorable apron!


All the animals love Josie


Ashton helped Josie build her LEGO friends house she got for Christmas


Showing off the muscles




Boots loves the new quilt!


Teaching a Kindergartner


Josie begged to try Sushi for the first time! and she loved it!


We also studied Harriet Tubman, The underground railroad and Clara Barton




This is the most beautiful book about her journey following the underground railroad...




We also learned about the moon!





Josie is like Curious George




Still going strong with the Pokemon love over here! In fact, the boys are at a Pokemon tournament at the library right now with Josh!


Riding a scooter in the snow!


For co-op this month, we had a visit from an organization called "Sleep in Heavenly Peace." They make beds for children who do not have one. Together, the kids made two beds for kids in need and 6 blankets.












In the afternoon, we had our own "Nailed it" cupcake competition! ...And Josie won in her age group! Eli came in as runner up in his!










French fries at bowling kind of morning...


That's about it for now! I hope you all are well and know that you are loved!

Xoxo, Jessie






Comments

Tammy said…
You guys make my heart happy, I love you all ❤️.
William Brasky said…
You are the best teacher and mommy! We are so lucky!
Amy said…
I love this! Love the reading pictures. =) where the red fern grows is one of my favorites too. That book on Harriet Tubman looks fantastic.
Your birthday dinner was so fun! I can't wait for our next dinner night. <3 I'm so happy you like the quilt- I am sooooo glad its finally finished!! :D
You and your family are so loved and special <3

Popular Posts