Beauty in the world


On Friday I took the kids to Green Lakes. Ashton wasted no time getting into the water. The moment his little sneakers touched the beach he was gone. Josie just sat back and enjoyed the ice cold water from a distance. Watching her brother splash through the water with his easter bucket as his sand pail and mommy's measuring cup as a shovel... she was happy. He was happy. So, of course, mommy was happy too.

Walking back to the car all you could hear was the "squish squish squish" from soggy wet sneakers. Ashton's face was bright with smiles and he smelled of seaweed and sand. -Could it be summer is coming soon?
We're ready to welcome you with open arms, dear summer. Come pay us a visit when you can.


Saturday was one of those perfectly lazy days. We set the laid-back meter to high and just enjoyed eachother. We napped. We played. We colored. We snacked. We danced. We teased the cat. and then, when we were motivated enough to get out of our pajamas, we drove into town to rent a few videos and to get some icecream.
You can't help but feel special every time you walk on the yellow brick road. Or, maybe, I'm just oddly overly-amused by it no matter how often we go into town. I've fallen in love with this place.

On Sunday we went to a new church. ...Our new church. :) The best part is, a couple of amazing friends of ours go there.

Josh just had to try out his new lawn mower when we got back from my mom's house. Thank you again, mom and matt.

and lastly, Monday. Oh, Monday. The day most dread but we have come to love these past two weeks. My sister was in town so we celebrated with a lasagna dinner and peanut butter cup pie. It was so nice to have a full house of family again. Nothing beats spontaneous family reunions.
Saying our goodbyesFamily, *with arms stretched out wide giving hugs* I love you.


and, as I hear their soft sleeping breaths tonight, (-pure heaven) I'm reminded, once again, of what truly matters in this life. Like those spring beach things. Those lazy family day things. The new church things. The family time things. The sleepy time things. All those small things. Every bit of them.

With much love, Jessica

Comments

William Brasky said…
Awwww I love you so much honey!:-) I did notice there arent enough pictures of me though:-D
Anonymous said…
I had such a wonderful time seeing all of you on Monday! Your lasagna and peanut butter cup pie was awesome, and so is your new home. I enjoyed all the hugs and kisses I gave and got from Ashton and Josie so much, and just holding them was such a wonderful feeling, that I couldn't get enough! They are so cuddly and lovable.....how precious! Thank you so much! I love you all so much! Love, Sissy xoxoxoxo

Popular Posts