Halloween

I often feel desperate to hang on to each and every waking moment with the kids. ...and I can't help myself, really. I feel so in tune with time sometimes. Like I know were in this moment and I know how these moments aren't forever. And I want to constantly do more things and make each and every moment and breath that comes out of these lungs meaningful. And I want to remember it all. every hint of laughter. every sour face. the good days and the bad. the broken crayons that decorate our floor more often than they do not. every sticky hand print on my infamous baggy mom jeans-(I swear I will get a pair that actually fit me some day.) I know if I'm meant to be a part of this earth for a long time... when my hair turns silver and my eyes are old and wise... I will be that elderly woman speaking of remember whens.... and telling my great grandchildren to enjoy their sweet babies... because Lord knows, it goes by all too fast. I remember I was dating this boy, then I was marrying this boy, then we were expecting our first child, now our first child will be celebrating his 3rd birthday next Sunday. Ok, I really need to stop getting so ahead of myself. What am I going to say when he's 30? Ok, I'm done. :)

Without further Ado, our Halloween festivities... (Beginning with an entirely random shot of two cuties in a dryer)


(Some of the shots aren't the best because I didn't charge my camera all weekend)

"Ri Ri" came to spend an evening with us Halloween weekend. We ate paper...


and went to Zoo Boo...


we think the flamingos were a bit confused. it was like 38 degrees you pink wackos!


we ran into our buddies, Ethan and Kelcie


this is actually a big wooden train...


I spy with my little eye some penguins...


We feasted on donuts...






We carved a little pumpkin with ri ri...










We called him, "The Cannibal"


and we played in our toy box...



H A L L O W E E N was finally here!!!
We woke up to halloween books, temporary tattoos, stickers, donuts, and pumpkin sipper cups filled with apple cider. Surprise!








We bit daddy in anticipation to carve our big pumpkin that morning...





Teddy said he wanted the pumpkin to "be mama" ...Look how good I look!!


We started the sugar rush early (as if donuts weren't enough) and we made Halloween cupcakes...




After we napped and the sugar wore off, we snapped several pictures outside and this one was shamefully the best... (I think Ashton is ready to rock and roll)


We went to Moo and Matt's for trick or treating. Ashton got broccolli in his bucket right when he arrived.


We watched a "scary" movie in moo's living room and colored in our new halloween books...



And we sugared them up a little more before we went out for the big show!


The sugar worked.


At last, it was go time.


They held on to their buckets like they were filled with gold plated G. I. Joes and Barbie dolls...


The first house is always the most awkward. You feel strange and you question yourself about everything. Things like, "is it really halloween?" and, "Oh my gosh, where are all the other kids?" and finally, "should we just walk away? why is it taking them so long to answer the door?" Then they finally answer the door and while you gladly accept the treats the kids begin to cry thinking they are going to have to go inside and live with the stranger in the doorway.


but then, they catch on. fast. and suddenly you are being pulled by them every which way. and that's when you begin to realize you have like 100 homes on your block.


There's the glory moment of it all... the pouring and eating of the treats...





This is there, "you can go home, mom... we're staying with moo" faces.


When we got home we lit the pumpkins...


The kids fell silent. watching the warm glow from inside. Quiet and calm after a sugar energized day.

I hope they always remember these moments.

Now, enough with Halloween. We've got even bigger fish to fry! Somebody has been getting many packages in the mail lately and I wonder why?



Our birthday boy. He went and enjoyed his first football game with moo and matt this past weekend. They documented their little trip for us...






Matt pretending to check Ashtons pulse as he was napping with a billion people around him screaming.


Ashton in front of the dome...



Going back on the bus...


There you have it. Much love to all! -Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts