Happy Wednesday!

.::little bits of the season in photos and words about the last week::.


He likes to sleep with his flashlight every night.

Baking and crafting has become a daily part of our lives again. I have missed things like wooden spoons, Elmers glue and sticky dough hands.

I love turning the oven on and feeling the warmth it brings to the kitchen. I love my pumpkin pie scented candle and wearing an apron again without having to peel the top tie off my sweaty neck.

I simply love my time spent in the kitchen baking with my children.

baking apple bread







Recipe

Our boy loves his breads.


This week, we've spent a lot of time wiping noses and holding the kids close. We've been tired. and congested.

We've certainly been able to read a lot as a result.




The kids watched in amazement as I hung up messy spiderwebs and cartoony Halloween characters all over the walls.







I made those bats out of construction paper about 4 years ago. and I'm still proud.

Ashton is happy that pumpkin pancakes have made a comeback.




Delish!

On Saturday, we stopped at a roadside pumpkin stand just down the street. Ashton took his job very seriously as he chose 4 perfect pumpkins and inserted the $4.00 inside the little tackle box with a lock.





After dinner, we did our annual pumpkin painting.









The kids also made cupcakes





Ashton ended up stealing two of them in the middle of the night and fessed up to it the next day. "Mama. I had one. TWO! Cupcakes last night. They were delicious. I'm sorry. It was an accident."



More crafting fun - I love that you can give children some glue and things like macaroni and dried lentils and they can be amused for a good 45 minutes before finding the need to move onto something else.









I was especially excited about this one. Corn syrup paint!



1/4 cup of corn syrup
6-8 drops of food coloring (optional)
1 tbsp of glitter
mix! paint!







A tea party afterward for lunch. A dinosaur and a princess.









and throw in a little party dancing...



and so. the rain has let up. the kids are feeling better. I am in my 2nd trimester and nausea is fading.

life is good. It is.







Happy Wednesday out there.



xoxo,
Jessie

Comments

tammy said…
It does my heart good to see the Spiderman jacket :)

Popular Posts