being a mom and needing mom

I'm in that lovely space that is, "being a mom and still needing a mom."


My mama taught me that we are all beautiful, no matter what

I learned from my mama that it's the little things we do every day that show how much we care, be it making our favorite meals, doing our laundry or setting up something special like lunch on a picnic blanket outside.

She taught me that a party isn't a party unless you have a ridiculous amount of food to go around. (and left overs too!)

-It is also completely ok to splurge and buy the special holiday themed cupcakes on the 4th of July.

Quality not quantity.
Love your family.
Be generous.

She taught me how to hold a baby just right.



I've learned that mamas can be one of your best friends.

That a love note from mama at the beginning of a school day will protect your heart all day long.

Forgiveness. Gratitude.



My mother taught me it's ok to cry. It's ok to be scared.

She taught me how to give a deep hug and how comforting a goodnight kiss can be.

patience.

A floor isn't really clean unless you get down on your hands and knees and scrub.

My mama taught me how to see the beauty in this world even when your heart aches.



to be kind even when it's the hardest thing to do.

to stand up for what I believe in.

to laugh good, hard, real laughs.



I think about me as a child wearing those thick round glasses, messy hair and my backwards baseball cap. Sitting with my mother in our little school room and telling her about my dreams of becoming a writer. a musician. a veterinarian. ...and I think about all the love she had for me to sit and listen. and all the support she had for me no matter what my dreams were.

She made me feel like Liza Minnelli when I sang and Robert Frost when I wrote. she always made me feel beautiful.

my mother has loved me so.



Thank you for showing me how to love mama. Thank you for your time. Thank you for your patience and kindness. the special cupcakes and little notes. Thank you for everything. ...but most of all... thank you for loving me.

Love always and forever,
Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts