dandelion cakes & mud



and so I am sitting here in our back bedroom. the smell of taco soup in the kitchen is dancing by my nose. I think I must have tried 20 spoonfuls already.

I can't wait for my husband to come home.

3 littles lay wrapped up in blankets on the bed behind me napping sound. maybe it's too late for a nap but I will let it go. it's nearly summer any way and our usual routines will soon become a thing of the past while we wait for fall. it's raining outside and a dark but hopeful sky soaks in from the window glowing it's gloomy gray.

I'm sitting here... arms tired. a ponytail half falling out. eyelids heavy. peaceful.

I have so enjoyed this space to rewind. to unload. to express.

I can always fold the laundry tomorrow.



Some highlights of our last week consist of gardening, baking, baseball, a birthday party, dandelion cakes & mud.

I love eager little hands always willing and ready to help.



















and special popsicle breaks in between turning over the ground and searching for bugs.







Dandelion cakes have become a daily routine around here.

A child's imagination is so delicious.









Baking isn't always a pretty picture around here.

Example...



It's so hard to be patient sometimes. One step can turn into 10 extra ones when a carton of eggs turns over. But a child's wide eyed looks of sorry and scared can remind one that any anger or frustration over such silliness isn't worth your time.

Just pick it up and move on. He (or she) will thank you for your patience one day. I know I do with my mom. (Thanks, mom).





We celebrated our friend Ryan's birthday on Saturday


My talented and always lovely friend Amy's creation



We have added so many members to our family in the past year. My heart feels so happy and full.







Ashton began his baseball program on Saturday. He seems to enjoy it very much.

Taken with daddy's cellphone





I am loving the longer days. tired bodies greet the bath at the end of each day.

the water always turning a soft brown from their muddied head to toes.

Life feels so rich when you have spent a full day outside appreciating our God made earth.















feeling the ground with ones bare able feet.





as the season and time grows... so are we.









Feeling strong and able but mostly thankful,

-Jessie

Comments

Popular Posts