Winter break

It's winter break! I had my calendar full of glorious ideas for each day of our break week until... My alarm clock this morning was the sound of a child throwing up in the hallway. 

Poor Ashton is sick with the stomach bug.


Which means we spent the day doing things like this -

Chillin' inside our tent watching Kipper.



We watched a lot of movies today, made a few Cheerio necklaces and read On Top Of Spaghetti, (Ashton and Josie's current favorite), at least 12 times. I fear this nasty stomach bug might conquer the Basile household for the week.

We'll try to make the best of this coming week either way. We certainly will.


Anyway, if you stepped foot in here, I doubt you'd realize you were in the same home! We've updated our furniture!

...A new kitchen table. (My favorite, favorite, favorite "thing" in our home now).




Liam enjoys the view.


Breakfast with the kids is one of my most favorite times of the day. Our new table makes it that much sweeter!


A beautiful new carpet for our living room. Ashton and Boots showing it off a bit









O.k. So maybe showing you pictures of "our new carpet" was just my way of saying, "you are about to look at a bunch of cute pictures of my boy and his cat."

*smiling* He's cuter than the carpet anyway.


New couch! (and love seat). The perfect size for our growing family.






The kids had their Preschool Sunday program at church last Sunday.


Our little man played Jesus and Josie was "the sick child."










On Mondays while Ashton is at preschool, Josie and I usually have our own craft time.

Decorating her own shirt




Our girl LOVES art.


On Tuesday, I brought the kids to Kidz Club in hopes to cure some of the cabin fever we've been getting lately.


We stayed for the Mardi Gras party, shared some lunch and stopped at Mcdonalds afterward for some Shamrock shakes. It was a wonderful day.


Now, some Valentines day goodies...


Looking through the Valentines they received at school.






They even received a lovely Valentines day box from Mrs. Eva.
They had fun decorating it! (and filling it)


Valentines day -
This year, Ashton and Josie received a scented marker, some gummy candy, m&m's, a little stuffed toy and a special cup. Liam got his own cup, stuffed animal and heart shaped marshmallows -(that he shared at cocoa time).










For lunch we had our heart shaped panini sandwiches. Why not?


After lunch, I readied the kids to go on a little adventure with me. In the spirit of Valentines day, I brought the kids to the very place Josh and I first met.

Right here.

This is where Ashton, Josie and Liam first became a possibility. It's where their story begins. The first time I saw Josh, he was walking right there. Right down that path. I was coming up around the corner... and there he was.

and I was wearing this. (It's hanging on our bedroom wall)


*******************
The kids and I spent the rest of the afternoon playing at the playground and exploring the woods and chilly creek nearby.




































A special candle-lit Valentine's day dinner. We had an old dating favorite of mine and Josh's... Applebees boneless buffalo wings with chicken tenders, french fries and honey barbecue sauce! -Every waitress used to tell us, "Wow. that's a lot of chicken." We'd just laugh and say, "yeah. we really like chicken."








Last but not least, Ashton started karate last week (pictures to come) and Josie joined ballet on Saturday. Both of them truly enjoyed their first classes and both came back home saying something on the lines of, "I want to go back every day!"

Our forever dancing girl was made for this stuff!








"One way to open your eyes is to ask yourself, "what if I had never seen this before? What if I knew I would never see it again?" -Rachel Carson

P.s.


xoxo, Jessie

Comments

Amy said…
Oh my gosh it seems like eons since I have seen you! We don't get to hang out nearly enough! So happy for Ashton and Josie and their new ventures... :) Reading your blog always brightens my day.

We are very blessed me friend. Very blessed indeed.

See you soon! xoxo

Popular Posts