For Josie. Remembering

It is just a few weeks before Josie turns four and she has already officially become our 4 year old little girl.

Birthdays are the little reflective landmark days that remind us all that time has moved on. We have yesterdays. We are growing. All of us are slowly moving forward without the ability to pause. rewind. fast forward. It just rolls on and on. Steady pace. It never looks back.

Her sparkly dress was destroyed just weeks ago when she decided to slip and slide down the muddy hill across the street. and with throwing out that dress, she has hardly worn another one sense. Maybe it was the little girls down the street who asked her why she is always wearing them. Maybe she just discovered the ease of wearing shorts on these especially warm days. All i know is that my baby girl is changing. and I am blessed to have a front row seat at witnessing this relentless growth. The days twisting into months, my blurry recollection of breastfeeding, her first words, little cloth diapers dyed pink, a wobbly head, mashed banana.

She has the most beautiful highlights in her hair that look golden when the sun shines directly on her face, midday. Her eyes, earthy. They have so much soul. I feel peace when those earthy browns stare lovingly into my laid back greens. A whole universe of possibility lives within those soil colored eyes. Possibility that was planted the day she took her very first breath. Growing. Ready to reach the sun.

I am so relieved and happy to walk with my arm around her capable shoulders. I am so thankful for this day, everyday. I will listen, I will love.

and I will never stop loving.

Remembering.


xoxo, Jessie

Comments

Anonymous said…
her eyes take up half her face

Popular Posts