Little plastic men and good smelling things

I was just quietly tiptoeing down the hallway of napping children when I saw a deflated red balloon. I figured I could pick it up with my toes so I wouldn't have to go through the exhausting motion of bending over. My right foot eagerly stepped on the red object and it was then that I felt the horrific pain of nightmare-like proportions. This was certainly NOT a deflated balloon but a little plastic Indian man. Grinning at me with his waxy smile and bow and arrow.

My feet are in a constant war zone these days.



The kids and I have been getting in touch with this delightful season.
Baking with apples




Applesauce cinnamon play dough






Liam helped me make these pretty pumpkin ornaments. Our kitchen is filled with the scent of cinnamon!


Ashton and Josie have also contributed (and continue to contribute) to our fall-themed decorations

"Stained glass" apples they made with coffee filters


Happy little pumpkin men


and pumpkins painted with pumpkin pie scented paints! (I just added pumpkin spice to the paint)


We spent a nice afternoon at the playground with our friends Andrew and Sophie








A much needed rainy day






About 50 games of memory match thanks to a Highlights children magazine grandma Kelly brought us this past summer.




I am loving being able to cook again without a queasy stomach. (I love you, 2nd trimester!)


Loving the real moments.


Watching the kids do what they do best...




...Live




















I love this girl and her curious, lively spirit. It's good stuff.


Happy October 8th 2013 everyone!

God Bless xoxo
Jessie

(P.S. I almost forgot! Saturday is the Out of the Darkness walk so we only have 4 more days. Follow this link HERE if you'd like to donate. My goal was set at $200 and I'm at $125 now. (Thank you, John and Tammy for donating!) Josh and I have been putting money in here and there the past 5 months in an attempt to get to our goal. Every little bit counts and means so very much to me. ((hugs)) Thank you, everyone.)

Comments

Popular Posts