An important time

This morning as I readied the table for breakfast, Liam threw his glass cereal bowl onto the floor. I wasn't feeling emotional before it happened. I really wasn't even too upset. This kind of thing is common with little ones. Big deal.

I walked over to grab the broom and dust pan when suddenly, hot tears found a way out. I started crying as I swept up the little bits of glass that covered the floor. So much, I practically began hyperventilating. I could hear Ashton and Josie talking to each other in the living room about ways to make the situation better. "We could give mama a new bowl for Valentines day!" I could tell they were surprised by my entirely random emotional outburst. They didn't really know what to do. They came in and gave me a big hug and the tears soon stopped. I laughed at myself as a bunch of emotions had just unraveled over an old cracked cereal bowl.  I continued on with the morning- very pregnant.

It was a pretty typical morning otherwise. -Kids getting along. Kids fighting. Hearing debates on whether the blue dress belonged to Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy. School work and house work. Serving tuna fish sandwiches before noon in the kids' blanket fort. Helping Ashton and Josie pull on snow boots.

This is such an important time in my life. The beginning of 2014. Life with a 6 year old, a 4 year old, and an almost 2 year old. 29 1/2 weeks pregnant. My days, heart and mind are full. It is a time I trust and appreciate. It is imperfect and important.

(Before seeing this picture, I was actually optimistic in thinking that I may give birth to a newborn smaller than 9 lbs. ...I have since changed my mind.)

We rang in the new year together. (minus the smallest little who couldn't quite make it to midnight.) Josh brought the television out into the living room which the kids were quite mesmerized by. It was very special to them.




We sipped on chocolate milkshakes




and the kids chopped up pieces of construction paper to throw into the air at midnight






We watched the cheesy one liners delivered by Ryan Seacrest and Jenny McCarthy on 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'


Hour 1: Ready and filled with excitement!


Hour 2: Sleepy eyes


Hour 3: "What's taking so long?"


Hour 4: Losing interest


3-2-1 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!














We toasted to a happy 2014!




Our first breakfast of the new year. (Click!)


I have been waking up a lot during the night. Sometimes to make those frequent trips to the bathroom. Other times, I simply wake in the quiet for no reason at all. I feel ready for baby as I stare at the empty bassinet beside our bed. Sometimes I try to listen in at the thundering trucks on the distant highway. 2 a.m., 3:30 a.m., 4. It is such hopeful proof that, even while we sleep, people are out living in a world where not even frigid temperatures can stop them. It makes me proud to be a human being. It makes me proud to be alive.

On this day specifically, (about a week ago) the temperatures rose to at least 20 degrees. It was a beautiful afternoon. The sky giving us the beautiful illusion that we had all the time in the world to just be.






















Taken from our front window.




We are back to regular routines and it feels nice and comfortable.






Loving my bread machine these chilly days!


We are slowly restocking our craft supply drawer










The kids make a "pillow mess" every night after dinner. They look forward to it all day.






Only a true NY girl would wear a tank top on a day with a -20 windchill


The slow pace has been nice. Especially in this time leading up to the birth of our sweet Eli. Inside our little home, it is warm.




The easy bake oven is a hit here.












Thinking of you. Loving you.

Jessie

(((Hugs, Hugs, Hugs)))






Comments

tammy and abi said…
LOVE your belly and the blanket that Josh is using is pretty awesome too!
Abi said…
Hello!!I miss you guys a ton and I can't wait to move back to the states!
Sissy said…
Big smile over here!! Looking at all of your pics. And reading your posts make me sooooo happy!! Beautiful job, Sissy. I love you guys! Xoxoxoxoxo
Mom said…
It makes me proud to be your mother. As grandma teapots used to say----- we sure do make beautiful kids! Great job Jess, as always!
Amy said…
Splendid :) Such beautiful pictures!

Love Josie's tea party :)

You are a treasure! <3

Popular Posts