Farther along


A close friend shared this song with me while we were in the middle of a deep conversation about the past, life, faith. I've been struggling lately. I've felt angry about things I can't change. I've felt sad for memories I carry with me that I no longer want to carry the weight of. Trying to understand those confusing parts about life and death. Why one child dies and the other lives. Why we suffer. Why. Why. Why.

I am apart of the human race on this earth. A world where one human can survive an incurable disease at the same time a child is starving and cries out in desperation. "oh why?"

This is life and reality.

Through it all, I choose to walk with faith. All of this must mean something. We cannot be here just to live a short time and die. Forever bones in the ground. It just does not seem logical or make sense to me. There is something more. I feel it in my very soul that I cannot see but is more real and alive than the rest of me. You are passing by. I may not have answers for all the evils of this world but I have witnessed God's grace and love and it has been stronger than any evil I've ever seen. There is more beauty in good. Evil exists on this earth but good surrounds us. Evil never inspires but good can change a human being. That captures me.

One day, we'll all know.

Although I struggle at times with the "whys?" I have faith and it keeps me strong here. "Farther along we'll know all about it. Farther along we'll understand why. Cheer up my brothers, live in the sunshine. We'll understand this all by and by."

Don't lose hope, friends. Live in the sunshine. Someday we'll all know why.


Enjoying life and summer with this family I've been blessed with.












 

E minor, his first chord.










 







The Zoo! The Zoo! The Zoo!








 







We shall talk soon.

xoxo, Jessie

Comments

Amy said…
thank you for sharing the song with me this morning =) you are such a blessing. I adore reading your blog and love you so much my sweet friend. <3 See you soon ;)

Popular Posts