July 31st

Happy LAST day of July!


Overall, we had a really nice month.


The kids swam a lot. Bikes, popsicles, bare feet.


We had a lot of down time when we all took turns at being sick for a good two weeks straight. Eli's first cold. I spent much of my time like this.

All is well now.


I really enjoyed this past 4th of July. We had a BBQ over at Moo and Matt's house. It was slow-paced, a bit chilly and silly fun with our gas station fireworks.


Making chocolate chip cookies at the end of the night.









I loved her choice of outfit for the 4th.
























Fireworks lit up the sky on our drive home.





Summer days.
































Summer evenings.






























Potty training the dark knight.



Rain. Lots of rain.






Lazy summer.























Josh's birthday.

































Josie is FIVE tomorrow!



She spent this week at ballet camp each day. It's been a great week for Josie.



I hope you are feeling treasured today. -That's my new word thanks to Amy. It's so important to treasure and to feel treasured. It's something I repeat often in my head during the day. "Do my children feel treasured?" With my whole heart, I hope so. Looking back at my life so far, something that has brought me the most pain is the feeling that I was disposable. That my presence didn't matter.


It does matter.

You matter.

You are not disposable.


For some reason, I felt like I needed to end this today with those words. Maybe some one out there needs to hear that right now. I know how badly I have needed to hear it before.


See you in August everyone. I love you.





xoxo, Jessie

Comments

Anonymous said…
nice
Amy said…
It makes me so happy to see us in your pictures again! It's been too long! See you soon my sweet friend �� love you to pieces!

How crazy is it that Josie is turning FIVE tomorrow... The time it flies... Just today I was thinking about the first time you came to my house and she emptied thst box of tissues! Hehehe happy birthday Josie! Can't wait to celebrate w you on Saturday!
Jo said…
Sissy, I may not talk to you, or see you much, but I do spend a lot of time looking at everything you or Josh post. I love how you keep me up to date on you and your family. You put everything into such beautiful words along with all of the precious pictures. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful Sissy!! I love you all! Big Sissy

Popular Posts