50 hundred girls and growing up

"Mom, wouldn't it be cool if we could grow up to be kids? I think that would be good." -Josie Lynn before bedtime. (Talking about her wishes of having a sister, wanting "50 hundred girls" someday and growing up to be just who she is right now).



Josh and I were watching a documentary on Peter, Paul and Mary last night. I have this warm childhood memory of sitting at the table with my mom and playing, "500 Miles" on my new guitar. A tuna fish sandwich sitting above my newly printed music sheets. -Brightly printed pages with the Comic Sans font and obnoxious colors of bright red and blue. Our kitchen was lined with antiques; like old milk bottles and vintage tea kettles.

I always told my mom that I didn't want to grow up. I remember so much of me missed my childhood; even though I was still a child.

Maybe we are all growing up to be children again, in ways. You know?

From what I know of heaven, it makes sense. -The innocence and wonder. The youth-feeling and hope. I picture a place with running and laughter. Joy and peace.

What a welcoming thought it is. Growing up to be kids. Thankyou, Josie.



We received this gift called 32 degrees last week. When you can take off your gloves without a cutting air bringing pain to your skin, ....well. You praise God for that.






Sliding down a hill.


We were all so grateful to get out in the snow again. The freezing temperatures have kept us in for far too long.


Relaxing on a park bench.
















This may have been our last time out sledding for this winter. Spring is coming.


They found this green sled next to a picnic table at the park. When they were finished, we left it on the top of the hill. Ready for the next human to happen upon the discovery. Wouldn't it be nice if all hills came with free sleds?


I'm not able to get too many pictures of the kids at our co-op, which is why I'm posting these next two here.


Liam's best friend, Brookie. She is the sweetest!


Afterward, last man standing.


Aunt Tammy and cousin Abi surprised us with a sleepover last weekend!


While it's a crazy picture of the boys, I still had to post this picture. Look at my beautiful niece! I think the goodness of her heart really shines through to her beautiful smile and face. I had so much fun with them here. It was honestly the best sleep over I can ever remember. I didn't want to go to sleep.




A few pictures by Abi -





(Great job, Abi!)

We've been blessed with good weather this week. Lots of sunshine. While we have all been sick for much of this week, I'm grateful we were able to get out and embrace some of the beautiful, pre-spring weather on Monday and Tuesday.




















The return of the rubber boots.


Inside:


(I spot two holidays in one!)


















A copy of some of our school books this month.


A library is such a gift, really.


I bought an awesome dinosaur dig kit for the kids last week. It went along perfectly with the archaeologist field trip we went on this past Monday.






Their field trip on Monday. (Taken on my phone).




Ashton touched a frill of a Triceratops and they were all able to touch many other bones and fossils.


Dr. Seuss day. Cat in the hat smoothies, green eggs and ham pretzels and they played a 1 fish 2 fish game.




They also made their own Dr. Seuss poems.


and this cute little painting.




For memories sake. The garbage can is a shopping mall for babies.


Easy bake oven with Josie.












I'm still missing the hour we lost on Sunday, are you?

Liam and Eli will be celebrating their birthdays next Saturday and we'll be heading to Virginia at the end of this month. I'm grateful we are getting this sickness out of our system now.

Hugs to all! I love you forever and I'm here if you need me.
Jessie




Comments

Abi said…
I love you!!!!
Jessie said…
I love you to the moon and back!

Popular Posts