Eating lots of food.

Every day, the kids are able to find at least 3 frogs and a toad outside.


We now have two kids that can tie their own shoes. YES!


Batman with a ponytail.


Batman with a watermelon.


If you wanted a sneak peak of the kids Halloween costumes this year, you've come to the right place!


We buy early. Like in January. and they play dress up periodically through the year for fun. Costumes are much cheaper in January.




He loves that he can get up onto the table now.


He's the best K'nex/Lego builder I know.


This year, I'm helping with VBS (Vacation Bible School) at church. Our VBS begins on Monday and runs until Saturday morning. Next Saturday, we will have a BBQ and the kids sing their songs and recite the bible verses they have learned. The church is also getting a bouncy house and we will have a campfire for the kids to make s'mores. So fun! Lately, the majority of my texts and conversations have been filled with something about VBS.
















You can tell it's a rock, right?


Paper mache clouds










I'm suddenly finding jungle-themed items every where for church decorating




In case you missed boots -


Our 4th of July weekend!

Thursday
The beach






















Friday
BBQ with some of our best friends


We can't be the only ones who buy these for every holiday, right?


I just feel like you need to have macaroni and cheese sometime during the 4th of July weekend.










Pool party




This baby can do lots of tricks.


Nora is 2 and Eli is 1. Enough said, giant baby.














This is what happens when you light a handful of sparklers at the same time. (he lived to tell the story).








Saturday
Picnic at Moo and Matts


















"The aftermath"


Sunday
More VBS prep and another great BBQ with best friends.

(I can't show you the downstairs yet but I'm excited to share it when it's done!)
























The kids made a frog/toad habitat out of the water table. Pretty clever, I thought!


It's been such a blessing watching this crew grow up together.




We made a good mud pit out of the yard!






I am so grateful to have friends that are such kindred spirits.






Josh and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary yesterday!


We had Chicken Parmesan and Spaghetti and 4 cool kids to celebrate the occasion with us. ;)


Yesterday, I wrote this for Josh on Instagram-


We were 19. The very young kind of 19. All we knew is that we loved each other and nothing else mattered.
We told our family with hesitation and they loved us and supported these 2 kids with their crazy idea. I don't know what they were thinking. I can only imagine. All I know is that they loved us and nothing else mattered.
After our wedding, we had our own tiny apartment on a side street in a little town. Our front door was rotted, our cars were always breaking down and we had very little money in our pockets. But all I know is that we loved each other and nothing else mattered.
All through our 20's we grew. We grew and grew and we were blessed with 4 babies. Young parents with a lot of responsibility. Very intentionally leaning into each other every step of the way. Loving each other- because that's all we know and nothing else matters.
The future is wide open with possibility and heartache. Hope and loss. But all I know is that I care for this man with every thing that I am. I am ready and prepared for anything. Because I so deeply love him. And nothing else matters.

"Amazing how manageable life can feel with only one blanket and the right two arms." -Tyler Knott Gregson



Until next time! Much love, Jessie xoxo


Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Anniversary Love Always Matt
Amy said…
The VBS decorations look great! I will be praying for you next week.

We had a similar sparkler situation but Becca had two handfuls of sparklers! Not sure if I got a pic of that or not :D

Enjoying your more frequent blogging ;) Thankful for the time we have gotten to spend together lately.

Love you LOTS and see you soon xoxoxo #braskycousins ;)

Popular Posts