Slow down, look up.

(This post brought to you by no edits and a lot of iphone pictures.) 

"And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling,
"This is important! And this is important!
And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!
And each day, it's up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say,
"No. This is what's important."


Happy Friday!


This week has been filled with sickness. We have spent the majority of our time inside and resting. Coloring, movies and not much else.


I wasn't able to get a lot of our own pictures at VBS last week but I will say - we had a great week. All the kids are such a blessing. Really, I have no words.


















My friend sent me this picture of her daughter with the little lantern cups we had made with the kids during craft time. It made me smile so much.


and Josie loved the monkey she made.


Some of the decorations
























Josie saved up her tokens the entire week for these glasses. She's been wearing them for much of the day. -(While she plays with her dolls, while she reads, while she colors). She loves them. I love her.




Another trip to the ZOO! We love packing a picnic lunch and letting the kids explore at their own pace. Sometimes fast... sometimes slow. It makes for such a peaceful afternoon.


















The red pandas are my favorite.


A rainy day early last week:
















FROGS! EVERY WHERE!






They brought one little frog in for a couple of days. We observed and loved and let her free.




We are getting so many green beans in! So exciting.






I am very fortunate Ashton and Josie are old enough to be watched from the window now. Liam naps while Eli walks around and I sit next to an opened window.


Eli also steals lunches.


Eli and his buddy, Colton last weekend near the campfire.


A church picnic with all the things his dreams are made of.


Spinach Artichoke white cheese pizza. Recipe here


A boy and his owl.


Party prep for Josie's 6th birthday - A pinata from a brown paper bag.


....and a trip to Urgent care with the whole family last night. Josie, Liam and Eli all have ear infections. Eli woke up from his nap so warm and threw up as soon as he started to eat. He also puked all over me while we were in the waiting room. On instagram, I wrote about these moments and how they paint a perfect picture of real motherhood. Really, a mother with dark circles under her eyes, throw up on her shoulders, messy hair and a child so comforted by her open arms is the most beautiful picture of a mother I could ever think up. It's raw and messy and real. These are the moments that really make us Mom. It's amazing that children can bless us so much even in the most emotionally draining moments... but they can and do. They do not see what we see. They simply see their mamas. -Loving and protective mothers. And they LOVE us, you know? ...And how grateful I am to be loved by them.

I am also so grateful for modern medicine. The kids aren't entirely well today but are feeling SO much better. Thank you, God.


Hope to see you all next week.

Much love and hugs,
Jessie

Comments

Amy said…
I hope everyone is feeling better. :) Not all the pictures loaded for me but enjoyed the ones I could see. Looking forward to seeing you this week <3
Amy said…
So I nominated you for this blog award meme thing :) Details on on my blog, if you care to take part :) http://faith324.blogspot.com/2015/08/liebster-award.html
Ashley said…
Hi Jessie! I enjoyed looking at your pictures. You have a nice blog, and I love the name! :D

I hope you check out my blog, and please follow by email. creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com

I hope you enter my current giveaway, too!
http://creatingpreciousmoments.blogspot.com/2015/08/its-time-for-a.html?showComment=1439583887901#c7369191739195586815
Please tell family and friends about it!

God bless you!

~Ashley

Popular Posts