Nearing the end of summer

We woke up to loud thunder and lightening this morning and a downpouring rain. With school beginning on Monday and fall on the way, I can honestly say that I'm ready to say goodbye to summer at this point. ….We swam, we ate the S'mores and we caught the many frogs.... and (now) thoughts of routine again and cooler air is such a peaceful thought to me.

Not to rush time... but I'm biased; as I've always been such a big fan of these upcoming, final 4 months of the year.

Back to now - Summer things....

The end of VBS


Celebrating Josie's Birthday at Moo and Grandpa Matt's house


The beginning of Soccer




From the words of Josh, "She always finds a new friend."


Caught Eli cracking up to Curious George


Caught boots in the bag of chips!


Caught Eli catching more frogs!


Ashton took Golf lessons this summer - and LOVED it! He has a final game on the actual course next week that he's looking forward to!






They still love playing with slime.


One of the last frog days at Sullivan Park (for now!) as the kids park program has come to an end






He never leaves Boots alone. ….Can you tell how thrilled she is?


Waiting for the siblings at Chapman park






A Teddy and a Boo


I think it's fun to think of the little things they'll remember when they grow up. Like, climbing up on the countertop to get to the cereal cabinet in the morning


Celebrating Grandpa Matt's Birthday!




Ashton has been practicing his golf swing in the yard (with plastic golf balls ;))






Liam finally lost his front tooth!! His toothless smile is too cute for words!


At Chittenango Falls
















After we spent time in the creek, we took a long walk through the woods. It is one of my most favorite places. I love listening. Something about the heavy quietness of it all. Feet on path and animals just being.


Walking to the playground with the Irvine kids :) ...They each wanted a turn at pushing baby Peter.


With Liam's toothfairy money, (his toothfairy note evidenced here)… He went to the dollar store to get some Pokémon cards!


He was BEYOND excited when he actually got the card he wanted the most! He told us that the magic toothfairy money transferred into the Pokémon pack.


I mean... just look how cute that smile issss!


I gave each of the boys a notebook and they've been busy drawing their own creatures inside


This is the year of the rabbits over here. Every single day - at any time of day... you are sure to see a bunny (or BUNNIES!) somewhere in the yard!


At that, I'm off to fix the kids lunch. Happy Wednesday to you all! I love you.


xoxo, Jessie





Comments

Amy said…
Such fun summery things! =) I miss you and you are loved! Hope I see you soon!

Popular Posts