in January

 


Hi Everyone! Happy Friday!
You know? ....I never minded January. I know this is a tough thing to say on a day where the wind chill has reached the negatives. ...But I can't help but feel content in this month. "The world has tucked her children in, until Spring." .....And it certainly feels that way, doesn't it? At times, the world is so quiet outside, you can hear the snowflakes fall down to rest on your shoulders. 

I think the quiet can be good for the soul sometimes. I know it is for me.

We love winter trips to the zoo! The animals are all the more active.




Secret snap






At Delphi Falls




Warm dinners after being out in the cold. I love cooking for my family.




I love a fresh new calendar for the start of the year! A nice reminder for this new year.

The kids learned all about Mexico! -It's culture, history and art. They also prepared a special Mexican-themed dinner! Mexican food is quite possibly my favorite!





Julia's daughter, Sadie painted us a portrait of Boots! I decided to hang it right in the middle of our living room wall!

The queen is pleased.

Leave it to Eli to find a FROG in JANUARY!

White out!



The day of the Inauguration, we made Shoofly pie (being that Biden was born in Pennsylvania), we played an Inauguration "I Spy," they learned about our three branches of government, they wrote their own inaugural speeches and lastly, we explored ideas of media as influencers in our democracy and their place. 

We watched history being made as our first female Vice President was sworn in.

Shoofly pie is DELICIOUS! It is definitely one I'd add into our dessert rotation!


Eli's presidential self still cracks me up. I love his speech.
I hope so too.

This girl loves her stuffed animals!


A picture of Boots - "Just because"

We painted the boys room! 

....I love to imagine their memories some day; as their childhood rooms remind them of feeling warm and loved. I hope they always will.


Sledding with the Irvines!

Her youngest with my oldest. Time is a crazy thing.


Liam gets his fashion sense from his mom! 

Snow and cocoa!



Yuki says I'm nuts for liking the snow

The kids have been learning all about Brazil this week and the Amazon rainforest! They made their own rainforest animal sculptures out of salt dough and Brazilian Brigadeiros for dessert.






An Armadillo, a Caiman, a Tarantula and a Sloth - All ready to paint on Monday!

That does it for me! I love you all and hope you are nice and warm tonight!

Xoxo, Jessie





Comments

Amy said…
It made me so happy to read your blog this morning! <3

Popular Posts