Beginning with play dough...

Tonight I begin with our favorite play dough recipe. -8 months in the making! (Seen here and here.)

Ingredients needed:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/4 cup salt
- food coloring

1. Combine all ingredients (except food coloring) in a medium-sized saucepan. (-I combined them first in a bowl so Teddy could mix and stir).

2. Stir over medium heat until smooth.
3. Stir continuously until the dough balls (about 1-2 minutes). Remove from heat.
4. When dough is cool enough to handle, knead until smooth.

5. Form into a ball.
6. Divide into as many colors as you'd like to make.

7. Add food coloring to the divided dough.
8. Knead the food coloring into the dough. When the dough is a consistent color, ball and set aside.
9. Store in an airtight container until ready to use. It will stay soft for several weeks if stored airtight.
10. Play!


Ah, yes. Life has been filled with sweet play dough makings and watercolor paints lately.


Oh, and I'm quite sure Ashton has found his future wife.

Her name is Sadie and she enjoys Cheddar Bunnies and a nice stroll on crumb covered kitchen floors.

and, baby, he's in love.

In the meantime, my sister strolled in to town.

(Showing off her niece, josie and her granddaughter, jenna)
(if you are wondering what's the deal with the bandage... my niece, Amber, was in a car accident. Thank the Lord every one is o.k.!)

Saturday afternoon, we all met up at "moo and matts."

my handsome nephew, Ryan

even Faisal stopped by!


And, for my favorite picture yet... Here we are resting on a Sunday night after a long, happy weekend.
it doesn't get much better than this.

And, here it goes... my heart melting again...
I love watching him with her. Their bond is so special. Baby girl, you are loved.


A schedule change at Josh's work led him to have Monday off as well. So, what better way to spend a beautiful day than having a bbq at the Falls!
we played like it was nobody's business. It was truly something special watching Ashton in awe of his big cousin. His eyes lit up and his feet began to dance just at the sight of him. Life was made for moments like these.
And, watching my sister love on her niece and nephew. -She loves them so good!

sometimes pictures can speak for themselves
With the gentle, rushing sounds of the water falling before us... Josie rest her head against my chest and would quietly listen. And then, she closed her eyes.

Listening to God's beautiful lullaby to my baby girl. One of the sweetest songs I've ever heard.




We even found joy in the parking lot
this is one of his favorite things to do in the whole world.I love barefooted babies! (she still curls her sweet little toes like a newborn!)

Daddy is a rockstar!

We decided to stop for ice cream on the way home.
Sweet, sticky messes to end a flawless summery day.

And, there you have it! Another weekend filled with memories that we will store deep within our hearts.

"Where there is love there is life."
Mohandas K. Gandhi

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sissy! I was SO VERY excited to get on my computer just KNOWING that you would have pics. posted of our ABSOLUTLEY wonderful times we spent with you this past trip we made to N.Y. I am soooo impressed on your way of taking such beautiful pics., and of how you express your thoughts, and feelings, and put them into words so well. I just can't believe that I am related to such an inspirational genius!(Let alone, my little sissy!) I love you, Josh, Ashton, and Josie to infinity and beyond, and thank you for having us be with you all to enjoy some of the most memorable times we've had...AND, I pray to God there are many more to come....A.S.A.P.!!!
Love, Sissy xoxoxoxo
P.S. Freddie loves the pics. with him in them!!! (Inside joke between him and Josh)

Popular Posts