December

Sharing my favorite pictures from this marvelous month!

Jumping right in...

On our way to Drivers Village for the breakfast/music gathering they do every year


Ashton adoring the huge train contraption...


Some of our December Christmas crafting...










Daddy graduated on the 18th!








We celebrated Christmas over at Ben's house...



Uncle Joel came to stay with us the week of Christmas!


A night at lights on the lake...



Making our Christmas cookies...











and then, just like that... it was already Christmas eve.

We had brunch with the family over at my mom's house...






(this was the point I was reallllly hoping for a new camera for Christmas)

(Sorry, mom... I had to share this one!)



Christmas eve night we threw carrots out for Santa's reindeer...





Looking up at the clear starry sky in hopes to see santa's sleigh...


After our bath, we hopped in our new Christmas jammies and wrote a letter to the jolly ol' elf himself...



We set out the cookies and milk and read, "The Night Before Christmas"



Santa Claus came to town.

(Uncle Joel keeps his presents to everyone in the boxes they were shipped in, haha :))




The kids woke up with eyes glowing. ready to dive in...














(thank you for my new cookware Joel!)







We had monkey bread, punch and cinnamon rolls for breakfast...




Moo and Matt came over and one of the gifts for the kids was this amazing little kitchen for Josie... (Matt made it from an old nightstand!)



To follow in the tradition of the movie, "A Christmas Story" we had Chinese for Christmas dinner. (really, I just didn't have the right pan to roast the turkey :)) But in case any one ever wondered... Chinese restaurants must really be the only thing open on Christmas. ;)





Hoping you all had a Merry Christmas as well. :)


A lot of people over the years have asked me if I'm bothered by the fact that my birthday falls the day after Christmas. and, to be honest, it never has. I have always loved Christmas so much that having my birthday ringing the doorbell at midnight is like having two best friends holding hands. When all the gifts are unwrapped and the kitchen sink is filled with dirty Christmas dishes I can feel overjoyed with the knowing that celebration time isn't over yet!

Bits and pieces of my 24th birthday.


We went bowling again this year on my special day. The funny thing is.... I am horrible at bowling. Like, I can see the 7 year old kid next to my lane and he's totally kicking my butt. And that obnoxious screen that is hanging from the ceiling is laughing at me with little cartoon animations every time I miss the pins again. but I still LOVE bowling any way. and my birthday is the one day of the year I can drag everyone to the ally again while we all wonder why we really don't do this more often. It's so much fun. (and very funny)





We had birthday cake at my mom's and I feel like such a lucky mommy to have such an amazing birthday candle blower boy to help.




What does one do the evening of her 24th birthday? Why, she takes pictures of random things like Zhu Zhu pets and the dog... (taken with my new SLR camera!!!!! I have an amazing brother -enough said.)



We have "ri ri" come over for round two of birthday fun- playing board games, eating gummies and wearing fake mustaches.




The game had us doing weird things like, holding our tongues through out the game and acting like stalking cats...



We added the fake mustache part...






The last day Joel was here we just lazied around. Enjoying each others company. Drinking coffee and munching on all the Christmas left overs.








Another year is coming to an end.


God bless you all,
Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts