Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

Sweet mother of cookie dough!! ...It's been snowing!


O.k. so I know I am certainly in the minority with this one... but I love the snow. ...The winter. Alright, so I love Winter, Spring, Summer AND Fall. Alright, so I seemingly love most things. I just can't help it! With the first snow fall came our warm quilts, hot chocolate, snow angels and Christmas lights. -*My child like heart is fluttering* It's so beautiful outside. and although I also know with winter comes shoveling, freezing weather, getting stuck in the driveway (see, today), frozen toes and more shoveling... I can't help but still see the light in this colder tunnel outside...


We went out to breakfast and saw Santa this past weekend. (No pictures of Santa as I haven't scanned it into the computer yet) Here are a couple of cute pics from that morning though...
"Are you seriously making me wear this stupid hair bow again?"



Daddy celebrated something very victorious last week... his last day of school!
He will be graduating the 18th... if you want to go or need more details, let me know!

and so, the countdown has begun! (Who am I kidding? I have been counting down since July... but that's our little secret mmkay?)



With each day of the month comes a special Christmas-themed activity... Making ornaments was one of them!




We also made gingerbread cookies...
Thanks to auntie Kim for his way awesome his-size apron!!! He loves it!!


and we put up our Christmas lights and hung up the snowflakes we made for our windows...


All while I was once again busy NOT cleaning up things like our counter top...
My house keeping scores an F- most days ;)

But you can bet your bottom dollar that we always make time to play outside instead...

Beautiful sled from Mema and grandpa V. -Coolest. Sled. Ever!





One of the greatest parts about playing out in the snow, is the sudden true appreciation you get when you all settle back inside for a warm frothy cup of hot chocolate... Mm! Mm! Mm!


Cheers!


The 24/7 Christmas station is playing and my warm bed and knitting needles await! Take care!

xoxo, Jess

Comments

Popular Posts