the chicken dance

Not too much going on this side of town. Simple to-do's and random silliness. Cocoa, warm blankets and two giddy toddlers. Our carpets remain wet from snow that melted off little snow boots and our dishwasher is filled with plates that probably should have been scraped off a little better. Ah, January. I'm content here.

We have begun getting ready for our Valentines Day party. While I've been planning music and thinking up favors; the kids have been busy making their Valentines...




Ashton will always find a way to amuse himself. He's the funniest little thing I have ever seen.

Today it was this...

Silver bowl hat, carrying a tambourine and a pen, wearing his sisters Hello Kitty necklace, all while riding his rocking horse and singing, "happy and you know it clap your hands. happy and you know it clap your hands. happy and you know it clap your hands. happy and you..." Ok, you get the idea. Throw in a little, "jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way! Jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way!"

...and finally, the silver bowl hat comes off of his head and gracefully greets his chest as he bows.

Bravo, Ashton!!


I've been bringing the kids outside each day with the hopes we'd have the snowman making kind of snow. -Not too hard, not too soft. Today, it was just that. Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.

Of course, his name is Frosty. He lives here. ...Not with Santa. His pipe is a nose. His stick arms hurt. and he doesn't want Josie to touch him. -(Ashton's description)

I laughed so hard at this picture. It was only until after I took these photos; I realized Josie was without a boot.

It sat there mocking me on the sled. "bad mama!" "bad mama!" ...Wow, it really must be January. ...A boot is mocking me.


She took it like a true NYer though. She'll probably grow up to be the flip flop wearing diva in the wintertime. She was more concerned why the snow man wouldn't say a hello back to her.



That's about it for now everyone. Hoping you're staying warm tonight. With much love, Jessica


(Oh! and for the record, I have no idea why I titled this blog, "the chicken dance." and I'm also glad we doubled up on socks at least. -Cheers!)

Comments

Popular Posts