It's Sunday

Our bathtub is filled with rainbow colored squiggly lines and smiley faces. Wet towels rest behind me as the kids color with thick crayons in their coloring books. I have my cup of coffee and the kids favorite song is echoing from the little speakers that rest on our card table desk. It's Sunday. And so far, so good. -(Cup half full at all times) ;)


I painted the end of our kitchen cabinets with chalkboard paint. Wonderful distracting tool when I am browning the beef on top of the stove for dinner! Ok, I admit, it's pretty fun for me too. Josie will draw line after line singing, "abc" "abc."

Ashton is still on his recent drawing kick. Our notebooks are filled with bugs, smiley faces, apples and chickens. ...and now our kitchen cabinet is too. I loves it.



Ashton has this new found interest in playing with my guitar. "Tar mom, pleeeeeasee?" he says as he pounds the two little palms of his hands on top of the hard shell case. ...Maybe we can have a mother-son band someday! ;)

It's fun to pretend he'd actually enjoy being that teenager who sings songs by Peter, Paul and Mary with his sweet, ole mama. (is it ole or is it ol'?) Any way, I'm optimistic about it. ;)

"Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?" I can sing, and he can continue on with, "where have all the flowers gone, long time ago?" I can hear it in my head right now and honestly, I hate to brag, ...but we sound pretty great.

Maybe we can wear animal-themed pajamas at all of our performances.

"When will they ever learn? When will they ever learn."


We finger painted the other day. I honestly never get sick of the beautiful abstract paintings that wallpaper our kitchen. I think Josie is getting tired of using big shirts as her art smock though. The Easter Bunny needs to get busy and start making a couple smocks for two special littles. (Wow, easter talk already?)



"Cheeeeese," my hands are a beautiful red color now.


Aunt Riah came to visit us last weekend for her birthday. Words can't describe just how much Ashton and Josie love her.






Oh, another dough creation for you... This one was Play Clay.

Again, this dough was really cool! It kind of reminded me of a less messy moon dough.



Finally, what's a January post without some snow? A whole lot of it too.








and, for the record, I'm loving the recent sightings of the cowlick.


(P.S. if you were wondering, their favorite song is 1234 by Feist. Hopefully playing for you in the background. ;))

Comments

Popular Posts