today

"Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yesterday. It was a day when nothing seemed to align. The kind of day when your last hope is that bag of skittles you have been dreaming about all afternoon and you reach in the drawer to find them already eaten. Yesterday was a mess... on top of a mess... on top of a mess. ...With a side of bland oatmeal for dinner.

So, I closed my eyes. Prayed. and turned my thoughts off for the night.

I awoke with the same beautiful sun that had risen on a brand new day. Putting my optimism in full gear.

Today, my house is clean. Today, my kids bellies were filled with good food. Today, we read. Today, we played. And today I found peace with my silly troubles from yesterday.

I'm happy for days like today. Reminding me that with any bad that comes my way... there is just that much more beauty ahead.



Ashton, Josie and I have a fun resolution for the new year. -To try every recipe in our new Mudworks book. We have started with Cornstarch dough.




We loved this recipe. The grainy texture made it feel very cool. (with just a slight touch of sticky)



Today, I made play dough with my kids. and today, yesterday certainly isn't as bad as it seemed.

Goodnight world, Jessica


(random picture I forgot to post) :)

Comments

Popular Posts