Painting a morning picture

I usually wake up to Ashton's squeeky door scccreeeeaching all the way open until I hear that final "thud" as the door bumps into the wall. The little dinosaur then begins stomping and making his way down our little hallway.

I cringe a bit. "pleaseee don't wake Josie. pleaseeee don't wake Josie." I silently pray to myself. Oh, if only Ashton would climb into our bed and slide under the blankets with us and fall fast asleep once more. ...If only I could get just 20 more restful minutes of sleep. If only...

!!!"ROAR!!!" he yells. "ROARRR! ROARRR!" He stands in his underpants laughing and loud. "Get up, mama!" "Good mornin mom!" "Good morning Josh!" -Josh is deep into his sleep. He won't hear anything for a couple hours. So, I get up. Ashton wins. "Why does he always take off his pajamas?" I wonder.

I walk groggy down the hall. It's rare I'm bright and chipper in the morning. and I can't help it. I had stayed up too late again the night before and I always tell myself, "Never again." ...I know I am lying to myself.

Ashton sets out to open the heavy wooden lid of their toybox and I run to make sure it's open all the way and it can't fall on his head. "Wow! mom!" "Look at this mom!" He says. It's always as if he is seeing the toys for the very first time. ...I love how he does that. I carefully sit back with a cup of coffee while I begin to inspect his old rattles he's thrown out to the side again. I don't think I'll ever have the heart to get rid of them.

I smile. He's so happy. Loud and happy. He lines up his trains and uses our round carpet as a railway. "I love you, Ashton." "Goodmorning." I say. "I love you mom." he replies."Ashton's hungry."

"Will he ever stop talking to himself in the third person?" I think to myself. I can't help but laugh.



********************************
We made frogs yesterday. I'm ready to take down snowmen and snowflakes and look at brighter, springy-er things. It's nice to have these new things to look forward to.


He calls his frog, "ack" and Josie's frog is Baby.

the beginning of many more spring-like things in this house!

We painted.


Oh, how they love to paint.




I love when the kids look messy at the end of the day. Proof they played with all their heart and souls.



I think every child should look this way before bath and bed.


****************************

At night, my little dinosaur goes to bed fully clothed. With all of his trains tucked in beside him.


Our night prayers have gotten longer as his Thomas collection has grown. "Thank you God for Thomas, Percy, James, Henry, Edward, Toby, Bertie the bus and Gordan."


Amen.


-Jessie

Comments

Popular Posts