For Sadie

Our home. I love it. It's not always organized. or tidy. and it will most certainly never look like something out of a catalog. but it's ours. in all of it's disheveled glory. muddy shoe prints and crooked frames give it character. It's ours.

I like twisting to my left and seeing this.

and then twisting to my right and seeing this.

but mostly, on the very top of my list, I like seeing this.


I like rainy days


and spotty, fingerprinted windows.



I like afternoons in my apron baking snickerdoodles with my kids.









On Monday, the wind grew strong as dusk approached. and as Ashton was saying his prayers in bed, his eyes grew bigger at the hollowing sound outside his bedroom window. The sound was scary and something new. He said, "the wind is mad." I stood his little pajama wearing body up, and we all piled out on our front porch.

No, the wind wasn't mad.


He laughed and smiled and felt a really strong wind for the first time.

We sat out there as minutes passed and they eventually turned into an hour. He went to bed past his bedtime. and his wind blown hair gracefully greeted his pillow after all of that fresh air.


This weekend we joined Moo and Matt for breakfast with the easter bunny at the zoo.


Human beings are funny creatures. We created this.


I have to say it, when the doors opened and Mr. Easter Bunny came through the door, Ashton gave the biggest holy **** face I have ever seen.



the bunny is either shoving him or blessing him. or both.

Josie was pleasently surprised when she noticed they had a plate stocked with blueberry muffins.


They loved the bunny. They really, really loved the bunny.


It was a nice warm day, so we were able to walk around the zoo.

these two are party animals. seriously.

When we got home we had a burger king picnic and played outside.


Ashton is always looking out for his little sis.

and they are really loving their new slide.

Ashton. my firstborn. he will always be the one that made me a mama.

Give a child a shovel and some dirt, and they will have all they need.


I have no idea what this is. but he was very proud. and Josie quietly commended him for doing such a wonderful job. ...as she slowly sipped on luke warm melted ice water.


I hope you all are having a wonderful week. I'm off to get some much needed rest next to my best friend.

xoxo, Jessica

Comments

Daddy said…
Some great pictures here, darling daughter!
Amy said…
I love it! Your pictures are always awesome :)
I love the part about your house, I feel the same way...

Glad you had fun at the Easter breakfast...Hannah is terrifed of characters in costumes like that. The had a frog prince at teh Princess party she would not go any where near him.

Popular Posts