Seeing a God made world.

Sometimes looking deep into the eyes of a child,
you are conscious of meeting a glance full
of wisdom. The child has known nothing yet
but love and beauty. All this piled-up world
knowledge you have acquired is unguessed at
by him. And yet you meet this wonderful look
that tells you in a moment more than all the
years of experience have seemed to teach.
-Hildegarde Hawthorne



I remember when I was little. and how a thick piece of white paper with a purple (always) crayon made me feel. Drawing line after line. Creating. feeling good and confident in my art. and funny, I've never been good at drawing. But as a child, it didn't matter. I loved it and that's all I needed to know. It didn't matter that I had less-than perfectly drawn trees and sunsets.

Most days, I search deep within my childlike heart and I listen to my children's eyes for counsel. and it helps me see this world with a different spirit.

I love my life. and it doesn't matter if I have made less-than perfect choices or fall down hard now and then. I can still find happiness in just being.

and like my old drawings that brought me joy by simply creating; I'm loving every last breath despite some squiggly lines and bumpy roads.

(FYI, I'm working on the confidence part.)

I feel so blessed to live where we live. We are within minutes of beautiful parks, lakes and a waterfall.

Perfect places to picnic and spend a day soaking up some much needed sun.




I find Ashton growing up so quickly. Becoming more confident in things he may have been quite skeptical of doing just a year ago. He climbs and swings like a kid now. My little baby. A kid.



and I love how his sister, so feminine and sweet, is never afraid to get a little muddy.


The skies filled with thick smoke-like clouds yesterday afternoon. Rolling in darkness midday. The rain was pouring and large hail stones greeted our roof abruptly. The wind was heavy and roared. but as quickly as it appeared, it departed.

and then a sun so bright seeped light into the tiny spaces within our blinds.

We ate dinner quickly and slipped on our rain boots. Anxious and ready to explore the pond-like puddles that had formed during the storm.










Hoping you all are having a wonderful week.

The kids are napping and I'm off to do some light spring cleaning. Tonight's forecast? Dinner with a side of mud puddle and swinging.

(and for the record, I need a pair of these. -So me, right?! :) )

-Jessie

Comments

Amy said…
love, Love, LOVE it!! <3

and yes you totally need those rain boots! :P

looks like you had ablast at the park, Hannah and I will definately have to come with sometime...I need to locate her rainboots too...not sure if they are here or my moms...hmmmm

Popular Posts