simple

Today, my feet touched the floor of my bedside...
I gave thanks to see another day
I watched my son and daughter
I just want them to be loving and compassionate people
walk with humility

love is what i feel, ya know?



I haven't been as caught up with the chores as I'd like to be. I want to paint. I want to organize. Photos have been hanging out in folders named things like, "asrjkulgergerh" ...waiting to be edited. Dinner has been consisting of meals in the 30 minutes-or-less genre.

I just feel like I have been a bit absent from life lately. Can I blame it on the weather? Really, I've been busy trying to simplify thoughts. Our home. and most everything in between. because when ever I get this way... that's the best thing for me to do.

and now, I feel ready to raise my hand and say, "present!" when some one calls my name. ...because I am.

very present.



Any way,




...it was time to get fish.

We cleaned out an old fish tank we had hanging out in the shed... and welcomed the fish home.



Ashton named one of them, "Mommy" and the other, "Hekey."



Unfortunately, Mommy and Hekey bit the dust before they were here an official 7 days. Ashton's response, "Oh, mommy... they are dead. Awe man. Let's go buy some more please. I want a blue one."

Any way, it really was a cheap but fun way to spend a Saturday afternoon. We're looking into a Betta fish next.

R.I.P. Mommy and Hekey.

no longer present.

*************************************

On to happier news,

Josh had a wonderful father's day.



It was about 5:30 a.m. when I woke up that Sunday morning. Making his annual daddy's day crown out of aluminum foil and construction paper. Making his french toast. Wrapping his gifts with finger painted wrapping paper from the kids. Setting everything on the table so it looks just right.

Two and a half hours later, everyone woke up.



...next year, I might not set the alarm clock quite so early.

Truth is, I just love him so much. and I respect him.

My husband. ...How my emotions run deep.

...love. it's incredible. it's boundless. it's indescribable, really.

So I will call it,

.::Untitled::. (-I know my husband would like that one. *smiles*)



he's ours. and I love that. ::edit:: and I untitled that.



(FYI, I use this recipe for our french toast. Try it. You will love it.)





***************************

My nephew, Ben, had his 3rd birthday party that day.

Matthew is so sweet.


Some of my favorite photos from his dino-themed party...







































************************************

To finish off our Father's day, we had a bbq and took the kids to the park.

















The summer air rests on my pillow. I'm looking forward to a good nights sleep.

We'll talk soon.

Simply Jessie

Comments

Popular Posts