changes



.:::little bits of the season in photos and words about the last week:::.

I love my children's love for books.




I love afternoons with books spread out on the bed. "eeny meeny mini mo-ing" for our next good read.



Afternoons reading. A sure sign the season is shifting.

our children are growing.





Boots continues to love.



We visit Kidz club whenever we can. They put in a new pirate ship and we had to go check it out.



We love to play here.







We drove to a local school's playground this week just before sunset.





The return of striped tights. Yes!






The kids love to roll down the hills. ...er.. "Mountains."



They are breath taking in the setting sun.







Ashton looking at the clouds. "Look, guys! They are all bears. and blob monsters."





and the biggest event of the week =



I generally don't ask my kids to stop for the camera but, this morning, I desperately wanted one of Ashton before he ran into his classroom. He didn't want it, "Mom, I don't want you to take a picture. I just want to go see mrs. maum and my friends!"

"Ashton, please?" It was all I could say but I wanted to press my face into his hair and gush... I'd like to take a photo because you are just so perfect and beautiful and I want documentation of the clothes you so carefully chose. I want to capture the bright energy beaming from your every cell. Your creative, wondrous, hilarious, captivating, energetic, smart, amazing self. I want to take a picture because I want to do something. I love you so much it actually hurts and I am going to miss you today and for whatever ridiculous reason I NEED to take this photograph.

He may have read my mind for he said, "Hey, mom. I have an idea. How about just one of me and my backpack?" He giggled and ran over to the little sign as Josie followed.

Turns out I didn't need the photo. For this moment is tattooed on my heart.




*******************

See you next week.

xoxo, Jessie



Oh! and one more thing! Baby says hello. New estimated due date = March 24th. (I'm still going with March 17th). *wink* :)

Comments

Amy said…
Ashton looks so big in the preschool picture! :)
And while 3/17 is good...3/24 would be unbelievably amazing <3

Popular Posts