Well! That was fun.

A new animal park opened up just down the road from us and we were able to attend the flashlight trick or treating safari they had.

Aunt Jo Jo and Freddy were able to come along too.







Josie went on her first pony ride! (Ashton wasn't very much interested in that pony).



and we had cocoa, hot dogs and french fries not far from the light of the bonfire







The kids were very anxious to go in the bounce houses









It was a nice way to lead into our big Halloween day.



Halloween morning the kids woke up with their usual little surprises. Along with apple cider and donuts.

















We drove over to moo's that afternoon.

and we carved a pumpkin.





The kids were so happy when it was finally time to head out trick or treating.







I love Halloween.

To have a whole neighborhood come together to give small treats for our children. To see familiar neighbors wearing smiles when they see cute little princesses and pirates anxiously awaiting surprises when they open the door. I like that a holiday that can be made into something far from innocent can also be made into something so good and pure. Becoming a happy and good tradition for our kids.

That is what I love.







Halloween has always held good memories for me.

...but the memories we are creating now are even better.











I am loving the candy.



Our final surprise for the kids that night was the buried treasure.



They both dressed up as pirates and we headed outside to follow the map.



Our first treasure was found under the leaves.




X marked the spot for the gold!

...and so they dug.













Our treasure!







BOO!

There you have it <3

happy November!

-Jessie

Comments

Anonymous said…
All I can say is how very grateful and lucky I am to have such a wonderful Sissy!!! You and your family are truly amazing, and I am so proud of all of you. Thank you so much for all of your pics., videos and blogs that you share with us. I could be having the worst day ever, and see any of them and no matter what, they make me smile, giggle, and my day turns into something that makes me wonder how I could EVER have a bad day because I have you!!!! I love you all so much!!! xoxoxoxo
Love,
Sissy
(Aunt JoJo)

Popular Posts