summer sickness

As I sit here and type these very words I hear nothing but the sound of the tap tap tapping of the keyboard. My eyes are foggy and I feel worn today.


Liam graduated to evening baths in the bathroom sink.

Ashton and Josie are sick with a stomach bug and were up for most of the night last night.

Josh and I spent most of the night holding out buckets for them and holding back hair. Softly caressing their backs with, "it's ok's." and "it's alright's."

I have spent most of this day washing their dirtied sheets, blankets and clothes. The hall feels as if it is being hugged a little too tightly by the germ filled air.

...and oh, that air. The air smells of, well, you know. Bleh.


Every once in a while I like to take photos of random untidy spaces in our home. I want to always remember this.


**********************************

I am quite enjoying the, "blank canvas every day" thing. (despite this minor bump on our summery road of fun)

They are loving the sun.







Children have such a wonderful way of viewing the world. In a child's eyes, most everything on this earth is some seriously good stuff.

I hope to live most every day with that view on life.



I feel humbled as they show me the way.









The kids have been staying up a wee bit later each day and sleeping in a wee bit longer each morning. It's a thing of beauty, that sleeping in stuff.





French Toast on the weekend on my new bright orange plates. -Yes!



Even on the rainy days we've managed to figure out some fun things to do.

Like, indoor picnics



With all the fun kinds of food in our lunches


(thanks, mom!)

and spending a couple days trying to freeze and unfreeze a big bucket of toys in water. ...seriously. I'm not kidding.













Liam has some good and crazy stuff to look forward to, boy!







Josie still lives for dress up



I often forget she is still a 2 year old with all those creative 2 year old ways to get into trouble.

Danger, Josie! danger!



******************************

Our day at Sullivan Park

















Our day at the beach

























******************************

That's it for today. See you on the healthy side. ;)

p.s.

Say hello to chuck.



he likes our garden. a lot.



xoxo, Jessie

Comments

Popular Posts