"And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”



Monday night, we saw a swarm of firetrucks and police vehicles just down the street from us. The next day, we heard that two men were arrested for having a Meth lab in their mobile home. I felt a gut punch of fear when I first heard of it. I felt trust and thanks they were caught. Mostly, I felt sad. Sad my kids will grow up knowing about these things. Sad for those men. Sad for their mothers.



Ashton, Josie and Liam did not know of this happening and would not have an understanding of it anyway. I glanced over at them, so content to be together.


Ashton has another loose tooth next to the one he just lost. This morning as I was putting the dishes away, he was sitting on the ground glancing through a Dr. Seuss book. I sent a loving exhale out to anyone out there, broken. They were born. They were kindergartners with loose teeth, into Dr. Seuss and full of hope.



-Valentines day-


On Valentine's day, we had quite the snow storm. I cracked a window in the kitchen. A thick, cold wisp of air cut into the smiling warmth.






My dear and brave friend Julia did not let the snow stop her from canceling our Valentines day playdate/cupcake decorating party. I was so grateful for that. Her company is always treasured and we love her girls dearly.






After our friends left, the kids went out to enjoy the snow. It isn't winter in NY until you have a pile of snow big enough to do some sledding and snow fort building in your own driveway.










Josie helped me prepare our Valentines day dinner this year.

We had sparkling grape juice, french bread pizza with heart-shaped pepperoni






and a salad with heart-shaped cucumbers and tomatoes






Josh surprised Josie with her own flowers. She was so thrilled to receive roses from her dad. She proudly displays them in her room. I am married to a good man. My best friend.


We had red velvet milkshakes for dessert. They were SO good.


We still have Christmas clings in our front windows.




A baby book I had ordered for Eli came in the mail yesterday. I am a little over 35 weeks pregnant now. I have slowly started to pack bags and write lists. I am excited to see his face.


Each day, Liam will find time to sneak in the kitchen at least once to steal the eggs. He'll quickly sit down at the table and tell me, "CHICK-EE" when I walk in. When we start our search for a bigger home, a yard fit for chickens will definitely be a priority on my list. We love chick-ee's.


Sending love your way. Enjoy the "heat wave!" xoxo, Jessie




Comments

Abi said…
I love your pictures! You are like a professional!! I love you so much and I can't wait to see you!!
Amy said…
I miss you so much! Can't wait to see you tomorrow! <3 The beginning of this entry reminds me of the devotion I read this morning. Talking about Starting fresh and how God can bring good. And use our broken stories to spread His light and love. Redemption. Grace. <3
Unknown said…
Hey! I've missed seeing you on FB. Been wondering how you are doing! I hope all is well with you and your family!

Popular Posts