The tooth fairy

About this time last month, I noticed one little tooth sticking out a little further than the others in Ashton's mouth.

My eyes teared up. I sent a text to Josh to tell him the exciting news about the new, wiggly tooth. His reply? "Oh no. Is that bad?!" 

I laughed. With Ashton being our first born, all this "new" stuff can still be so new.



He was only about 5 months when that little tooth first came in. We were living in the one bedroom apartment in Lakeland. I was sitting near the refrigerator inspecting his little blue box filled with infant toys, when I looked over at him and spotted it. A tiny piece of pearly white poking through his slippery pink gums on the bottom. I excitedly sent a picture to Josh. It was, in some ways, his first step towards toddler-hood. Even at a wee 5 months.

Now, we have a 6 year old growing boy. That sweet little tooth that was apart of him for such a short time in his young life, is now just a piece of the past. He came running to me one day last week with a bloody mouth, "Mom! Mom! Josie and I were playing on the bed and... AND SHE FELL ON MY FACE! and! and! MY TOOTH FELL OUT!"



I felt so excited for him. His joy. Remembering what it felt like to lose my own back when.



We are already beginning to see an adult tooth coming in to replace the itty tooth that fell out and left a bloodied stain on our comforter. Even at a wee 6 years, a piece of his adulthood. I truly love and appreciate these signs of health and growth.

The tooth fairy visited in the night. Leaving traces of glitter.



(Speaking of Ashton. a couple photos he took a few weeks ago).




a couple from the same night.




Believe it or not, we had a brief time in January where we didn't have a speck of snow on the ground. Even I had forgotten about this.






The next day? 





I feel so much more aware of everything this time around. Something that doesn't usually happen when I am pregnant. I am typically too tired to focus. This time, I feel awake even when I am tired. I feel present and good.











The kids will do school work in the morning and head outside after lunch to enjoy the snow for the afternoon. Something feels so right about all of this.







On Superbowl Sunday, we rooted for the Broncos. Ashton was proud to say he was rooting for the Seahawks. I simply love another excuse to eat good food.







I am excited about Valentines day. I have always loved this day dedicated to love. When I was little, my dad always came home at one point or another during February and gave me a box of sweetheart candies. He would never say much. He actually never said much at all to me. but I remember these little things and feel his love. I think he liked Valentines day too.





Josie made this and said it was me. Enough said.


Hannah and Ryan came over during a snow day last week. We have since been covered with snow on snow on snow. I am glad for snow in the winter just as I am glad for upcoming spring days with windows wide open. Feeling warm again to the core, taking a brilliant inhale when opening a window. Bare feet in the summer and crisp smelling leaves and chill in the fall. I can't complain. Layering up, locking down, windows open, warmth. This is all good to me. Life.














Talk to you soon.

Xoxo, Jessie


Comments

Amy said…
I love it! :) as always.

Hannah lost a tooth last night too :)

Love the picture of Ryan and Hannah out in the snow with your kiddies :)

See you soon my friend, I don't get to see you enough these days :(
tammy said…
Makes me happy to see these, your niece is working on her last couple of teeth to fall out so she can get her braces :)

Popular Posts