That time I almost won a funeral at a baseball game.

Some pictures taken from my camera - others taken from my phone.

On August 1st, Josie turned 5.
Late night balloon helper





















She wanted this monkey in the worst way.















Josie had ballet camp the entire week leading up to her birthday. That Friday, they did a little demonstration of all they had learned.






Her friend Mallory spent the afternoon with Josie.






She requested Chinese food for her birthday dinner.















The next day, we celebrated 5! with a party.






Her piñata was made from a brown paper bag and tissue paper.







































Oh, Josie. We love you, girlfriend. *fist bump*



Some other sweet memories of our August (so far)...















Having your best friend carry your toddler by football hold out of the park. Priceless.













































Matt's birthday





On a whim and for laughs, I typed up an essay on my phone and submitted it to the Syracuse Chiefs for a crazy funeral promotion they were having. 3 finalists would be able to stay in a luxury suite and they'd find out the night of the game if they won a funeral. It sounded absolutely ridiculous.

I thought, just submit an essay and try to get the luxury suite. If you end up being a finalist and you win a funeral too, at least it'll be a funny story for the kids to share some day. "Remember that time mom won her funeral at a baseball game?" They'd be able to laugh at the memory.

Well, I indeed got a call back and was a top 3 finalist. Luxury suite, free food. They called it "a celebration of life" night. That was the theme of the essay. We had to write about how we celebrate life and what makes our life unique. ...Totally up my alley.







I'm not going to lie, when I first got the call back my attitude quickly went from, "haha, what a story to my life this will be!" To- "OH. NO. WHAT HAVE I DONE?!"

In the end, it was indeed a great story to add to my life. That time I *almost* won a funeral at a baseball game.







While we were downstairs taking pictures and buying cotton candy, they read my essay to the stadium and had our pictures up on the big screen. I wish I had gotten an actual picture of the screen.


The picture from the screen












Liam threw out the first pitch of the game. Josh and the kids were able to stand on the field with me. It was an awesome moment.








We walked away with two foul balls the kids "caught" and a ball from the first pitch. I also received a big bag of goodies that had things like foam fingers, stuffed animals, free tickets for different places and events around Syracuse (like the NYS fair) and they gave me my own Chief's hat.


Eli's first baseball game = awesome.




This past weekend, the kids started Soccer.




















Sunday was the family fun fair at our church. Berean Calvary Chapel has an amazing group of human beings. Kids are everywhere and the adults are amazingly kind. I'm so proud to say it has become our second home.

The Walruses joined!










Today = Waiting for the arrival of Grandpa Victor and Grandma Diane, sunshine, soccer and peanut butter and honey sandwiches.


May the rest of your summer days be filled with things like sunshine and peanut butter and honey sandwiches.

xoxo, Jessie

Comments

Anonymous said…
nice

Popular Posts