Stitches and humid

"That's where I used to work!" I yell to the kids excitedly from the front seat.

55 mph; I drive past an old building where I used to groom dogs and cats in the basement of an animal hospital.

The kids look.

I turn down a side street I used to drive down on my way home to our first apartment in Minoa. -Remembering 19; vulnerable, skinny, naive and young.

An old truck passes. We see a man biking.

Liam smiles in the rear view mirror. A bloodied band aid close to his eye.

A trip to Urgent care because of the bleeding. A small cut but deep.

No need for stitches. Thank God.

A male nurse has me step on the scale with Liam.

Liam grips my neck tighter. I'm self conscience of my weight.

I feel like a mom as Liam is comforted by my arms and rests his head on my black Hanes tee shirt.

Home.

Josh surprises Liam with a small monster truck we were storing away for Christmas.

I feel -seasoned, older, maternal, tired.

He is - larger than life.



We went to Beaver Lake on Saturday. It's been awhile. We saw a little room filled with nature books and free craft supplies and dreamed of future winter days and learning there with friends.




















Family pillows are the best kind.


Humid Mondays and squirt guns and hoses and mud.






















Ashton's last baseball game of the season. {On first- playing a mean electric guitar}.


I walk around the park with Josie as Eli becomes restless. The stream rushes. The pond is still. Life is everywhere.




Ashton's coach allowed parents to stand out with their children for the last inning.


Feeling, in-general gratitude for his team and sad for the season's end.






Twins,


Our Solar System


and Elton John.


See you next week.

xoxo, Jessie




Comments

Amy said…
Love it! :D Love the baseball pictures. I am hoping for baseball pictures next year <3
Anonymous said…
the weather looks beautiful

Popular Posts