A morning prayer in song



Lord, I need you today
Lord, I need you every day.
My mind folds itself into this world 
And gets caught up in
Everything 
That
Doesn't matter.
Everything 
That
Has no place
In my mind
In my heart
When you've given me all the hope
I'll ever need.
Lord, please help me on my way
When thoughts, so insignificant, say
What's important
What I need.
Oh, Lord. 
You're all I need.

When I lay my head down
Lord, please hear my tired prayer.
Life has a way of making us feel
Paralyzed in fear.

We will overcome it all, Lord.
We will
We will overcome it all, Lord.
We will. 
We will overcome it all. 

Let me feel your arms around me. 
Let me know you surround me
In the eyes of the hurting ones I love
And the people I pass by on the street
Lord, help me see your face 
In everyone I see
As hard as that can be.

I see You, Lord.
I see You.
Oh, Lord. 

I see You.
I see You.
I see You.

amen.

Comments

Popular Posts