Kindness is important



You guys! Happy first day of SPRING! My favorite season!

It's about 40 degrees today and I had to cancel sledding plans due to colds running through the house... but Spring is here and I know that soon the snow will be melting and we will be off on our many spring adventures!

Liam is going to be FIVE YEARS OLD on Thursday and my mind cannot even begin to believe this. I'll never forget the spring of 2012 and how it'll always hold some of my favorite memories.

Some spring 2012 throw back because it fills me with joy! -































The other night as we were checking out at a grocery store, I heard an older man and woman yelling at the cashier because their card wasn't working. I listened and watched nearby as the cashier's head went down and the smile wiped from her face as they treated her so terribly. And I wondered why humanity can treat each other in such a way. I wanted to give her a hug.

Something so small and petty, really. was it worth ruining the cashier's night and giving her such a memory? Is this how they want to be remembered in handling inconvenient situations and treating other people? What happened to them that made them so bitter?

We are all hurting, dear God. Life can be so hard. but in writing this I say as a reminder for myself. and for my children. and for anyone else that feels God tugging at their heart lately whispering, "Make this world a kinder place." - please be kind to everyone. you don't have to be perfect to be kind. even when you are angry. or inconvenienced. or sad. Fight for kindness. and don't let the people who treat you poorly bring you down and bitter.

Life? this is all a gift to us and we were all made for each other.

Some days, I am filled with anxiety. I get depressed and angry. I feel afraid of so many things. I get filled with past hurts, present hurts, feeling never good enough... Gosh, I struggle with that one. 

but simply said, bad things WILL happen. It's not that bad days don't exist. It's not that we have to be perfect.

Please be kind to one another. Smile at someone when your sad. Hold the door for the woman with the angry face. Have patience with the new waiter. Don't allow other people's bitterness to control you and your heart and emotions. If they try, walk away with your head held high. You can love from distance, I promise.

I know it's not easy. 

If we are going to fight to make this world a better place... why can't we start right where we are?

A life filled with grace and kindness is a life lived honorably. Fight for it every day. Even when you fall. Get back up and try again. and again. and again. and keep trying for the rest of your days here on this earth.




Anyway, that is enough of me being chatty and writing my heart down on my blog.


It's picture time!

Josh and I have been playing a game called UNRAVEL on the Xbox. From what we gather... it's basically about a creature made out of yarn that an elderly woman with Alzheimers made... and you work through each level like a puzzle, trying to piece back her memory. It's a lot of fun, sometimes sad. and also peaceful. I think the story itself is what captured me about this video game. It's a beautifully unique idea.


We had our field trip to Baltimore Woods last week! The kids had fun learning all about the process in making Maple Syrup.


















I didn't realize until we got home that we were locked out of the house! I'm glad it was a nice day! and that Josh was able to come home and unlock the door for us.


The season of mud!


Did you all have a nice Saint Patrick's day? I hope so!




I made goodie bags for my Ireland class and chocolate covered pretzels!







The kids worked on their Leprechaun trap... they decided to use tape inside their box this year in hopes that the leprechaun would get stuck.






The night before Saint Patrick's day, we danced to Irish music, read a couple St. Patrick's day books and the kids were off to bed.


The leprechaun made a mess again.






Our Elf on the Shelf, Rosie even showed up again! Which made the kids SO excited.




leprechaun pens and gold gum!





































In the morning, the kids had green frosted cinnamon rolls and headed to co-op in their new shirts.




Some pictures from this month's co-op!

In the morning, we hid chocolate gold coins for all the kids to find in the church. We also had shamrock shakes for everyone at lunch!





This was Eli's first month tagging along with us to co-op. Check out the little stinker's face. Says it all! hehe. Can you find him in the picture? ;)




We had the kids plant their own Irish clover.
















Sunday corned beef dinner at Matt and Moos.




How about that snow storm last week?! Josh even had a snow day and a half! YES! From our snow day days -








hilarious.
























A little windy. haha!




We introduced the kids to the Swiss Family Robinson movie. They loved it!






I was blessed to be able to witness the baptism of 2 kids that have become family to me over the past 7 years or so. It brought tears to my eyes to hear their testimonies -




Some final pics from the last 2 weeks -
















I was so happy to see a robin outside our window!






Josh has a twin friend at work -


New glasses!


For me too! Look at these lenses now!


Anyway, I believe that is it! If you have a moment, watch this happy video! It has made me smile all day. A song I've known a long time and rediscovered this morning. Makes me want to recreate the whole video! Who wouldn't love handing out balloons to everyone you pass by?! Smiling.




Talk to all soon. I love you! -Jessica




P.S. Spring bucket list - LEARN HOW TO SKATEBOARD. I'm serious.

Comments

William Brasky said…
Great Blog! I love you! I cant wait to hand out balloons!
Tammy said…
I think the picture with Aston, no shirt and scarf around his neck needs to come back out in a collage on his wedding day. I love those kids!
Anonymous said…
I hope Eli never runs for president and well said Tammy we love them all too. Love those flowers
Loved all of the pictures! I sure miss you. 💛
Amy said…
Aw, me and Riley <3 that was a great spring!

Thank you again for being there on Sunday. And why does it feel like I haven't seen you in a million years? See you tonight <3 <3

Popular Posts