Thanksgiving and festive things

Putting up the Christmas tree!


















The return of Rosie the elf


She brought the kids her special cereal ;)


Eli could watch the Elf on the Shelf movie over and over and over again. (And he kind of HAS)




The day before Thanksgiving, Josie woke up feeling sick (and her brothers made her feel comfortable)


Soon after, Eli wasn't feeling well either.


As they rested, I prepared the Thanksgiving pies


On thanksgiving, we watched the Macy's parade and bundled up 4 sickly kids to go over to moo and grandpa matt's for dinner.






The rest of our Thanksgiving weekend...






















Snow day pretzels














Josie rearranged her room


Chocolate snowball fight


More snow! I get such a kick out of watching them outside our kitchen windows






Cocoa and Krispie treats!


Gingerbread houses!


















(Battle wounds from tormenting the cat)


Gingerbread writing prompts!



St Nicholas day!










Every year for St. Nicholas day, the kids make a special bread and cards for a neighbor :)








The snow was coming down in buckets that day!




















The next day, we went to two local tree lighting ceremonies!






















Some of their loot from the tree lighting!


Fireworks at the end of the Bridgeport tree lighting



Christmas movies to end our night!


The next day, we went to the Christmas parade!










Decorating a tree at church






The next day, Ashton got BRACES!


Reindeer peanut butter cookies for lights on the lake!


Grandpa Matt was dancing with Frosty the snowman!


A rainy Lights on the Lake night


Some Christmas art






Many soup nights due to new braces and cold days


Just because.... BOOTS!




Eli learned about Rosa Parks and I found THIS pancake recipe for him to prepare for lunch. How neat to imagine Rosa preparing these herself :)




The kids then decided to decorate them in a very festive way




Our current lunch time read aloud. We love the collection of stories and songs inside!








I know I have said this before... but I LOVE The Good and the Beautiful curriculum. It has been such a blessing to our family. I love that it teaches the kids about good morals and hard work alongside their Grammar and Geography lessons.


Ashton wrote about home in his journal... It really blessed my heart!


Ashton and Liam have been learning about the American Revolution and Birds!


They typically work on posters or lapbooks together (Liam will add something, then Ashton will add something )


Christmas math!


Helping match the socks!


Christmas is only 13 days away!!!!


This morning, I realized my Christmas Cactus was in bloom!



What home means to me:


I hope you all are having a wonderful December. You are loved!

Xoxo, Jessie



Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice
William Brasky said…
Perfect post! You're such an amazing mother and teacher! You are perfect.
Amy said…
Have I told you I love your living room curtains! I also love you even have Christmas lights in your bathroom! :D
Those reindeer cookies look fantastic- I may have to make some of those...

I love your posts <3

Popular Posts