hold the windex.

There is something about tiny fingerprints on the glass of our windows that gets me. Smearing out the sunlight one peanut butter and jelly hand at a time.

They wait every day for him to come home from school. Leaving kisses on the windows and singing, "dadada" until he arrives. Oh, how they love their daddy.


On Friday we spent quality time with Gramoo.
We played in the yard and snacked on graham crackers. Just like the good ole days.

Josh came home to this when he got back home from work...

exhausted and happy.
On Saturday morning I woke up for a shopping trip with two friends, Julia and Joanna. We tried on clothes and they gave me advice and they were wonderful all along. -Who knew ribbed tank tops fit weird? and that certain dresses should sit at the waist? or a medium can fit me better than a large (sometimes)? ....or my favorite! -tank tops are allowed in church!! ... Purply tie dye tank tops! I have had so many things wrong and thanks to you guys, I feel like a million bucks. No. a billion. No. ...Well, you get the idea. When it came time to pay I had a lump in my throat. And, as I was busy estimating finances thoroughly in my mind, they handed money over to the cashier. I think I stood there in complete shock for a while until we were walking out of the store. A big bag of clothes in my hand and my eyes swelled with tears. Joanna and Julia, you are amazing friends and I love you. I feel like a rock star. Even Ashton said I looked cool. ...Epic.

Saturday was so warm. Thankfully, with the help of my new tank top and skirt I was comfortable though. :) No, I was cool. -(Cheesy pun intended.) When I got home we decided to spend the afternoon outside. Watermelon, grapes and iced tea... oh, my!
Saturdays always end with mandatory tubby time. I know it sounds pretty serious put that way but bath time is our favorite. I'm almost afraid of what the kids would do if they were told they COULDN'T take a bath. 'Stuffs serious, people.


And then, happy Sunday. We love Sundays. The kind when you get home from church and you fling off your shoes (in a Footloose fashion), start up the crock pot and play together in the yard while the scents of beef stew and bread seep out an opened back door and swirl around our happy noses.

There are only a few sweeter things than walking in and seeing this...

Monday has also been a weekend day for us the past few weeks. Josh's hours have been pushed back at work a bit. You know though, I would take the extra day with hubby over the extra money any day. These past 3 Mondays have been a blessing.

you can't tell me money is better than this.

Now, I'm off to bed. Dreaming sweet dreams of the sweet syrupy smelling breakfast faces that I get to kiss in the morning.

Here's hoping the days of crystal clear windows do not come all too soon. I like our smudgy sun just the way it is. xoxo, Jessica

Comments

Mom said…
You really are a great writer. Those pictures are absolutly beautiful too!! Do I need to tell you again how proud I am of both of you!!! Thankyou for being such great parents to my grand babies. I love you both, Mom
Anonymous said…
Your mom is right... you are a fantastic writer. You can feel every single drop of emotion you put into your blog. It's inspiring. :)

I love Josies Ooga shoes! But I had to show you this diaper-- you're gunna love it!

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=57827&vid=200001

Popular Posts