Thank you. Thank God for you. The wind beneath my wings.


thanks for all the talks, zipping my coat tight for cold upstate NY winters, pretending you weren't hungry when there wasn't enough (hey, you know it took me until i was almost 23 years old, to realize you did that?) gosh, i thank you for that. For reading to us and for letting us, "eeny meeny miny mo" for a "just one last book, please mama?" every night. For making me feel beautiful -even when I was that awkward baseball hat and big glasses wearing girl. For cleaning up my record-setting cereal bowl spills with out a single frown. For always loving me for who I was and who I am. For sitting on the floor and helping me dress my dolls. For always buying me new notebooks to write in and for saving some of my stories within the pages of your Bible. For tuna fish sandwhich and popcorn lunches. For crying for me that time you heard Butterfly Kisses. For teaching me how to forgive... and continuing to teach me. For prayers said before scary school days or doctors appointments. For being self-less. For teaching me how to love with your quiet but "always there for you" ways. For bringing up the old rollerskates from the basement and letting us roll around before dad got home. For laughing together so hard at times you tell me to stop because you can't breathe. For still asking me if you should drive over and make sure everything's ok because you are nervous or worried. For being with Josh and I as I gave birth to Ashton. ...I will never forget those tears we shared through it all. and I will never forget the look in your eyes when you first saw him. ...as I'm sure you will never forget the look I had in mine.

Thank you - for teaching me right from wrong. teaching me the Bible. Showing me to respect people from all walks of life, and really yelling at me when I was talking back like a fool.

I am blessed. I love you, mom. Thank God for you.

It must have been cold there in my shadow,
to never have sunlight on your face.
You were content to let me shine, that's your way.
You always walked a step behind.

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.
It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth, of course I know it.
I would be nothing without you.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be.
I could fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.


Love, the luckiest daughter in the whole world. xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts