My favorite month of the whole year

If I could be a month... Oh, I would totally be December.



The kids and I have been baking up a storm.


Mmm... brownies.





There is something about baking in December that seemingly makes every sprinkle and every last grain of sugar all the more special.




Candy Cane Cookies

We love being in the kitchen.



The kids made hand print Christmas trees





...and finger printed wreaths.





We still have green paint staining our chairs and our table



It's art



With snow holding back this December, we have been able to continue afternoon picnics outside here and there.

...With cocoa of course.







Swinging without mittened hands too



This is Ashton's 1st year assisting me in the gift wrapping. He makes us proud.







Brother is getting goooood with those scissors.



______________________________________________

A new tradition born all because mama remembered she had some lil' smokies in the freezer...



A special dinner beside our tree.



We set up the card table. We lit (and turned on) the candles... and I brought out every bit of special food I could find in the depths of our fridge and cabinets. All we had to buy was a bag of chips.





Gingerbread Spice pancakes with vanilla icecream and sprinkles on top, lil' smokies, chips and dip, a special veggie plate and our candy cane cookies




Our new green curtains! An early Christmas gift from my mama. -Thanks, Mom!

Oh! Cocoa too of course. In our new favorite mugs.



I think it was my favorite night. ever.











We're loving the Christmas books...



A project we are still working on - our cardboard manger. Daddy cut it out, mommy dressed up the "little people" and the kids paint.




I'll show you the finished project when we get to the store to buy more paint to finish. :)

"Hey mom! Take a picture of me and boots."

Click!


I hope this month is wonderful for you out there.

God Bless.



xoxo, Jessie

Comments

Amy said…
marvelous! you are my favorite <3 Your blog always brings a smile to my face!! :D

Popular Posts