Lake Luzerne

So we stayed a week in a little cottage up in the town of Lake Luzerne, NY. It is only a few miles away from the infamous Lake George. This vacation was perfect. Exhausted kids wrapped heavily in our tired arms around a warm fire each night. The smell of earth and sun. Sounds of the water softly greeting the welcoming shore. Coffee at sunrise beside an opened window. Watching as the sun slid from behind the mountain and slowly rose to fill in the big milky water of a pretty lake.

Oh, it was lovely.

(I told myself to narrow these pictures down so it wasn't so cluttered on here... but I just didn't have the heart to leave many out.)

So! I give you! ...Our week in pictures. 

At Roy Rogers. This became a joke for most of the week.




Entering Lake Luzerne!


My first shot of the lake




The park was wonderful. They keep all kinds of toys on the grounds for the children to play with. From bikes, to balls, to shovels and trucks.




Ahh, yes. Liam arrived with a black eye. He had a fall in the bathroom a few days prior.




The kids were pretty thrilled about the bunk bed.


You also have free access to all of the boats, canoes and paddle boats tied to the docks.




Our first full day!
















































Day three - Look who we found!






























Tuesday - Day four


The Great Escape
































I took this picture illegally. I guess you have to pay to have your picture taken with the turtle. Oops. hehe.


How fitting they ended up in jail afterward. ;)






















Our sweet home for the week.




























Wednesday - The rainy day








Making bouncy balls






Pilsbury pink lemonade cookies = amazing!








Thursday










Minnows were everywhere!










































Woah, I'm totally not pregnant. 






"The chicken house" ...I once stayed here when I was little with my mom, dad and brothers. I was three and I still remember it.


I wonder if I looked anything like this.










In honor of the 4th of July


and 179 days until Christmas


Josh and I played WAR every night.


Friday




Cheers, Lake Luzerne! Thank you for a glorious time.






One happy kitty happily greeting us.


Enjoy your week friends! I love you.


xoxo, Jessie


Comments

Tammy said…
Oh my goodness Jess I totally loved the pictures and I so want to go. While I was wishing I was there I laughed at myself because this past week I spent 3 days in Paris and 1 in Belgium but this is more my style of vacation.
Abi said…
WOW!!!!!!! I really really really want to go!!
-Abi
Anonymous said…
great pics looks like you were bust and had a good time do any come in wallet size hmmmmm
Amy said…
beautiful pictures. Looks like agreat week. :) I am happy you all could go and so very happy you are back! <3
Anonymous said…
wow looks like you had fun
Anonymous said…
what a great time
Anonymous said…
fabulous
Anonymous said…
Amazing pictures Jessica. Please call me right away I need to tell you something important.
Laura said…
Jessica, without fail, the glimpses into your family fill me with a strange mixture of longing and joy. You have such a beautiful family and the love that you ALL share is so evident it warms my heart. Keep being awesome <3
Mom said…
What a great place to stay! Your pictures always show so much love! I am so proud of you and Josh----I am so blessed!

Popular Posts