We grow, grow, steady as the flowers

Father's day weekend


Dear husband, I am so privileged and lucky to have you in my life. You are my best friend and I love you. You are the most wonderful father.


He is a very determined little guy.


He reminds me of his brother.










NY


Visiting the grandparents in Florida.




Happy Father's day, Daddy!


Cinnamon French Toast Bake. Ashamed and moderately proud we could eat the whole thing that morning.

Some cool gifts! The kids also made little picture books about him. I forgot to take a picture of them.






Yesterday we found ourselves on Collamer road in East Syracuse. As I began to pass the cemetery some of my family were buried in, I decided to pull down the little stone driveway.

Ashton (still confused on where we were)- "So where is your grandma and grandpa?" Me- "They are all up in heaven now. A cemetery is where people are buried after they pass away." Ashton - "Why don't we unbury them and see if they want to come play up here with us?"

...My grandparents had a great sense of humor. I know if they would have heard us, they would have laughed.


So happy I was able to know them. They laughed all the time. That is what I remember the most. 


My uncle. My mom's brother.


Afterward, we managed to completely miss the 1st storm and arrived at the park before the 2nd.








The water is so high and rushing this year with all the rain.


I am looking forward to next week. Being completely unplugged. We will be staying in a cabin for 8 days. Hanging out with each other all day, every day.


Until we meet again.


xoxo, Jessie

Comments

Licia Marie said…
So beautiful. Your pictures, your words, your heart. You're a blessing to me Jess <3 Your children & hubby are so very very lucky & blessed.
Amy said…
Simply Marvelous. :) Enjoy your vacation! I will miss you and look forward to seeing lots of pictures upon your return. <3

Popular Posts