Toilet paper snowman and toe socks

I've been telling my friends, it feels as if I'm in a car this month and Christmas is right up ahead... but with a quick blink, we've already driven past it... desperately trying to look all around to catch a single glimpse of the real awesome thing we just drove by.



Thankfully. We have not driven past it yet. But, whomever is driving this car can slow down now and do one of those longgggg, drawn out "maybe the neighbors think we are staking out the place" kind of drive-bys. I want this moment to last.

Christmas with our 7 year old boy. Our 5 year old little girl. Our 2 year old toddler. Our sweet baby boy.

I find myself plugging in the Christmas lights first thing in the morning; just because I remember what it felt like as a child. The lights we had that hung in our dining room. The plug-in candle sticks in every window. -The way the little red light bulb warmed the icy windows. Stockings that hung on little black hooks near the round oak stove. It meant so much to me and my little heart. 

I often wonder what the kids will take from their childhood Christmases.


I hope they'll always hang up lights and bake cookies and hang stockings; simply because they remember what it felt like. .and may it always bring a smile to their faces as they remember. Just as it always has for me.



We've had a mix of snow and rain this December. We prefer the snow.












Every year, we make our manger from a cardboard box, together.








Was it just yesterday that I was watching bundled up kids in the snow with my big belly?


Our salt dough ornaments. Another tradition.








Sledding with the Irvine girls.




















We had our Pancakes and Pajamas party this past weekend. I like having parties. Even if I'm in the kitchen a lot; serving food or feeding a baby. I love hearing their voices and the crazy chaos of kids everywhere and doors slamming open and closed (Ok. maybe not the door slamming). ....But still. What a blessing it is to have a doorway overflowing with snowy shoes and boots that leave warm little puddles by the nights end. I am so grateful.


















We had a sock exchange. So fun!












..."and he was never called Mr. Varengo again."








"there is never any pictures of us together"






We had the children's Christmas party at our church this past Wednesday. I was blessed to be able to help this year. My friend Nikki let me pick the games to be played and the ornaments to make.

Coming home that night, I couldn't stop smiling. So filled with love and appreciation for the kids and our church.

The older kids made snowmen ornaments.


and the younger kids made gumdrop snowflake ornaments.


Pizza and punch. They are best buddies. She even invited Liam to "bring a friend to ballet" day.














The kids had to wrap themselves up with toilet paper to look like snowmen.
















They had to pass the presents around in a circle and when the music stopped; they had to open a box. Inside, was another wrapped present and so on and so fourth. The smallest box inside had their goodie bags.








The goodie bags -



Plug in your lights. Bake some cookies. Put snowflakes in your windows. My finger is pointing over there. See it? Right there! Christmas. Try not to drive by too quickly. I'll let the neighbors know you
are just admiring the decorations.

Hugging you tight.

xoxo, Jessie

p.s. This is post number 199 on blogger. I just wanted to thank everyone and anyone who has ever took the time to read this or look at my pictures. Anyone that took time out of their day to say something nice or took the time to comment. This blog means a lot to me. It is simply something I love to do and make time for. It's one of my favorite things that I hope to continue doing for as long as I possibly can. Anyway, you make my day and you lift me up. Just wanted to let you know that. I love you. Smiling....

Comments

Amy said…
So many great pictures! And memories. I am glad we could be apart of some of them <3
Mom said…
Love the paper snowmen! How cute My favorite thing to do is read and see your blog! Thank you so much honey, Mom

Popular Posts